MAYTAG ENGINE MINI BIKE

I love it! I would if I could find one as "different" as that one.
I have never seen a twin. They are all single speed, no throttle, right?

That is awesome.
Most are singles because there were more people with electricity when the twins came out in 1937. It's throttle governed and it is one speed until I fit a carb to it.

Last edited:
That is great, thanks! Both cylinders fire at the same time, obviously.
Fitting a carburetor has got to be challenging, too. They sit on top of a cast iron fuel tank, right?
That grey knob is fuel/air?

That is great, thanks! Both cylinders fire at the same time, obviously.
Fitting a carburetor has got to be challenging, too. They sit on top of a cast iron fuel tank, right?
That grey knob is fuel/air?
Yes, the base is the fuel tank. The knob is just to let air in. The fuel is sucked up through a jet and into a port in the crankshaft and disperses into the crankcase out a hole in one of the crank flywheels. The governor is inside the flywheel also and is adjusted by removing a pipe plug in the top and using a screwdriver to screw the governor up or down blocking the fuel passage more or less. If I put a regular carb onto the air pipe I would need to plug the fuel jet and draw the mix from a different location on the tank cover. Also with a carb doing all the metering I would remove the governor. I would also need to add a pulse fuel pump or put an overhead tank to gravity feed. It's not real complicated, just a lot of work. So for now I'll just set the governor to a high speed and use the clutch to start and stop. Another possibility to add some performance is to attach a lever operated cable to the plate the points are mounted so you can advance the timing on the fly. It's turning out to be more of a project than anticipated. I love it.

Thats things Sweet! I made a Briggs Model FH scooter that I need to re think out somewhat. Yah its chalangeing to get things to work right at first & gets quite involved rather quickley but thats how it goes. Ive seen one other 2cyl whizzer like bike, Its the Monark Super Twin. It Has a Power Products engine core the same as a P.p 300...

Attachments