MDT Trail Flite parts needed

I am looking to restore this MDT Trail Flite.

From what I can tell it needs:

Gas Tank
Exhaust Pipe
Kick Stand

Looking for owners manual as well.

It has a 4 HP Tec engine and I'm told it is original. I would be interested in a rebuilt carb for it as well.

Reply here or email to bbaugh66@gmail.com

Thanks

Sure look like the original motor to me:shrug:

Oh I wasn't looking for verification of that there. I would have taken a closer pic. LOL

But since you brought it up I was going to start a new thread on serial numbers n such. I took this pic this morning. Do these numbers confirm or deny original motor status? I've hear the year of the engine is indicated on these numbers but I don't see how that could be. Unless the last two digits of the serial number are it? (1970?)

HS40 = Horizontal Shaft/ Small Frame 4.0 Hp

Serial # 10770

The first number "1" is the year...either '61, '71, or '81 in this case....'71 as determined by the style of the shroud.

'61 is realy early...Lauson/Power Products stuff
'71 has the riveted tag
'81 would have no tag...stamped on top of the shroud

the next 3 numbers...."077" in this case, is the day of the year it was made....March 18th

the other 6 digits in the model # have to do with the type of appplication, pto configuration, crank, carburetion(bowl or diaphragm), etc.....

HS40 = Horizontal Shaft/ Small Frame 4.0 Hp

Serial # 10770

The first number "1" is the year...either '61, '71, or '81 in this case....'71 as determined by the style of the shroud.

'61 is realy early...Lauson/Power Products stuff
'71 has the riveted tag
'81 would have no tag...stamped on top of the shroud

the next 3 numbers...."077" in this case, is the day of the year it was made....March 18th

the other 6 digits in the model # have to do with the type of appplication, pto configuration, crank, carburetion(bowl or diaphragm), etc.....
Well I'll be damned! Thanks sir.