Mechanical Walking Machine Progect

Im making progress a little at a time. On these top parts iv been having to jump back and forth to get things positioned. first i did the shoulder mounts and then I had to build the neck pivot and the neck before i could fill in between. Im using a clinton tank our very generous member besk sent me. I still have to sort out the neck pivot and head. Believe it or not i have trouble with that artistic stuff. Nothing in the head really has a purpose (much like mine) so I have nothing to really go on as far as design. Ill just dig through my junk and see what i can piece together. But now ill work way back and get the bars figured out along the back and what i want to do with the tail. I also have to figure out the lower bearing support for the wagon pivot. Ill probrobly come off the engine bolts by the clutch and reinforce it with a leg back to the trans mount or something. I have a little shock you can see it laying in one the pics i want to use as a dampener on the steering sprocket so i have to work that out. im not sure if can be layed down horizontal and still work right it seemed a bit skippy so i may use different one like a vw beetle dampener my brother said he might have one in his stash. otherwize i might have to make a pivot of some sort to stand it vertical. id like to avoid that just because it has more potential for slop

Yup its on the bench being worked on just extremely slowly lol. I got the ribs up the neck and almost to the back done. Now im deciding how i want the back bones to work around the tail. Once i get that sorted out ill work on the head pivot and the head and get the legs started. Ill take some updated pics. Its looking good. I dont get a whole lot done in the summer its too nice outside to be messing about in the garage.

Thanks guys! Just working along real slow one piece at a time. Iv aquired a couple small conduit benders at a swap meet so that worked out well because i needed it for the smaller stuff on the neck and stuff. Im headed twords the tail/shifter now and trying to get that to look right.

Im sidetracked yet again on another bike build but i did get the upper trans mounts made. I only did two coming down from the top rather than all 4. I think the 6 mounts should be enough. but i also started the lower turning shaft support. I just have to finish the little brace that ties it into the engine block to keep it from moving side to side. Ill get a pic of that when its done

Heres that lower steering shaft support. I still need to tie it into the plate on the engine. but I think thatll be strong enought o suport it forward and back and side to side

Iv been working on the legs. I got the pedal arms made. They are 3 piece bicycle crank arms welded to a 3/4 hub. The crank arms fit a 5/8" shaft so I ground a flat on them so i could use the original wedge bolts. Then I made the front pivots. 3/4" mower wheel bronze bushings top and bottom because thats what i had. I arched them so they dont bind up so bad on the legs when they are fully forward. Also it looks better. Then I welded it to a stool to make building the legs easier. I set it at the height I made my calculations for and it looked too tall so i recalculated it a bit to lower it down. I still havnt done the tail/shifter im going to wait till the wagon is in place then ill know where to set it without anything hitting.