Merkle's Hot Rod DB30 Build.

Merkle

After getting hooked on the world of small two wheeled things, I decided it's time to build up a seriously fun, and cool looking mini bike for myself.

For those who were at the Alabama meet up in September, I had the bone stock 97cc Baja Viper, well that bike has been sold, at a $20 PROFIT I might add. :thumbsup: Time has moved on and it's time to move up.

I'll post pics of the bike as soon as I can, it's sitting in a friend's (golftdibrad) garage at the moment. It's on original style DB30 frame.

The Frame:
Original DB30
Hydraulic caliper upgrade
PMR engine install kit

The Engine:
Predator 212cc Honda Clone
Upgraded Predator Air Filter Kit
Tall Underseat Mini Bike Pipe w/ Muffler - 11" Clearance
4 Degree Offset key

I got the engine home and all put together, but now it's running too lean, as soon as I get on the throttle it dies. To remedy this, I've got a jet kit coming in, as well as a billet flywheel and tiny tach to monitor the RPM once the governor is removed.

As the project progresses I'll post more pics! :scooter:

Pics:

WLB

Merkle, at least you didn't have the slowest bike there:laugh::laugh:

I'm going to have to put together something a little faster for next year.

Merkle

Looks like a great start, these are fun to build! I just finished almost the exact same build though I haven't gotten in to the engine yet, gotta build one for the wife first :) After that I'm hoping to do the flywheel, rod, cam and valve springs.
Awesome looking builds! Tons of good info as well, good luck man, they look great!

That Lower Alabama Flu's got you!! No cure but to ride it out!! :laugh::thumbsup:
Merkle, at least you didn't have the slowest bike there:laugh::laugh:

I'm going to have to put together something a little faster for next year.
I'll actually be a contender next time we have a race!

Allen , gotta call me , I have the bits to drill out the jets , takes seconds ! Great to see you got another ride !
I already ordered the larger jets from OldMiniBikes, i may still take you up on the offer though. I need to get with Brad about bending the handle bars, he's been so busy with wedding stuff, he hasn't had the time.

Cool deal. You have some indpiration from you La. buddies for sure.:thumbsup:
Yeah, I caught the fever, and the only cure is small and two wheeled! :scooter:

Also: Thanks again for the grub at the meet up, very good eats indeed! :thumbsup:

Oooh shiney!

.036" jet w/ 140 emulsion tube. She's all set and ready to be installed on the DB30! :scooter:
[YOUTUBE]khr5oDYvgyo[/YOUTUBE]