Meyers Lynx/Taco

I Found a nice Meyers Lynx that looks like a Taco 100. What is the story on these Meyers Lynx bikes? What years were they made? Are they pretty rare compared to Tacos? More sought after? I think I would rather have a Taco 100.. But I do like these Meyers Lynx's.

Anyone have pictures of their Meyers Lynx's? I would love to see them, and hear the history of them.

Scottessey

I Found a nice Meyers Lynx that looks like a Taco 100. What is the story on these Meyers Lynx bikes? What years were they made? Are they pretty rare compared to Tacos? More sought after? I think I would rather have a Taco 100.. But I do like these Meyers Lynx's.

Anyone have pictures of their Meyers Lynx's? I would love to see them, and hear the history of them.
Did you see Karterman's? :drool:

Rigaman: The Meyers is basically the same bike as a T100 with some different bends in the frame and a plate added to the fork. The Meyers is more rare, but less desirable.

If yours is a nice one I may be able to work with you on a frame/fork swap deal since they use most of the same parts and would save on shipping.

Send pics of what you have to warpath5881@sbcglobal.net

Last edited:

JamnJM

Both were made by Steen's in Alhambra, Calif. but I'm told Steen's made and name them after Bruce Myer's Manx without Bruce's permission so they were renamed Lynxs....

I have 1x but Modifying it with a Suzuki DS 80 rear swing arm and rear wheel.....:grind:

That is cool as hell. Steve McQueen With a broken foot on a Meyers Lynx.

I personally think he would look even cooler on a Taco. haha.

Neck do you have any new pictures of that st100. I keep seeing the same picture of it over and over. I want to see that bike get done LOL:thumbsup:

MiniBike Paul

I have a Manxter and know Bruce pretty well, and he and his wife, Winnie - the brains of the outfit (lol!), and I have talked about the Lynx.
Bruce made a deal to use his name, but he says he never really saw or rode or had one himself. Hoping my inside line would help I asked Winnie for anything they still had pertaining to the bikes but unfortunately they have nothing!
When I decided to do a Taco I had my choice and picked the 100 over the Lynx!

Hounddog

Yeah Neck, Why don't you bring that ST100 over here....I will take some more pictures for you....no really I will, I will...:laugh:

HD

Neck

Growing up is optional
You and me both, too many in front of it. That and I'm gathering the right parts to replace broken, missing and just plain wrong stuff! When I have it all, it'll be a go.

Dan-E-boy

Well it looks like a taco serial #.. go to this link TACO Registry and that # means its a 1970(70) taco100(H) and the 526th of the line.. I really like the tread on that front tire too.. nice find..

Mac

Wow, Fender brackets, an added longer hoop, and extra seat mount.
Time to get out that saw and get to cutting.

Ya. there are like 6 cross bars on the top. Someone had an a little too much fun with this one. I dig the fender bracket though.

So.. It IS a Taco! haha =)

Last edited: