Mini Chopper Pit Bike Build

Lycan

Hi all,

My name is Gary and I'm new to the site and wanted to say hi and share this build. I've been working on this for quite a while and figured it's time to finish it up... well it's never finished. Here's a couple of in process pics and will post pics and details as I finish up. That's it for now will post more soon.

Lycan

Thanks for the warm welcome :thumbsup: The bike is torn down right now... going to drop the frame off for powder coat this week. I will post pics of the individual components of the bike. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Here's a better side view for now.

Lycan

Springer Forks

Nice:thumbsup:
Busy with a chopper myself, got any close up picks of the forks
Not a problem... I can't take credit for the forks as they were purchased and modified. Is it OK with admin if I post links to suppliers of the parts? Here's the pics

Lycan

Thanks all! Decided to weld a few more tabs on the frame before coating. Will post more component pics and links to suppliers Sunday.

Lycan

Welcome to the forum Gary :thumbsup: Nice to see another Connecticut guy here :thumbsup: Nice work so far keep the pics coming :thumbsup:
Hi neighbor! Great finding this site... inspired me to drag this bike out of the corner of the basement and finish it up.

Here's some pics of the rear wheel setup. Had to make some hubs and doodads to make it work. In case anyone is wondering... it's setup with a 13 tooth front sprocket and 60 tooth rear. I bought the sprocket from McMaster Carr and machined the crap out of it to make it lighter. We had the bike running without brakes and it goes pretty good with that ratio. I'm sure once it's together and I message the 8 horse a bit that ratio will probably change. This bike will be used to tow my dragbike back from the top end after runs.

Go kart brake caliper

Had some Timken bearings hanging around so I decided to put them to use. The center sleeve keeps the bearings spaced for the proper preload. Spins :thumbsup:

More later...

Last edited:

Lycan

any updates???? im dying here.....
:laugh: been pretty busy at work (usual) went diggin through some boxes from when I had my shop and found some cool useful things to hang on it.

Made up some threaded tabs and a battery box this week and decided to drop the front of the tank so that the bottom is parallel to the ground. Will weld everything up Monday and post some pics with the bike mock assembled later in the week. Also decided to paint the frame with single stage black epoxy car paint rather than the powder coat... the goal is to paint the frame Saturday.