Mini Topfuel Replica dragbike

65ShelbyClone

That describes the Hall-effect in principle, but the actual sensors come in two varieties: with and without an internal magnet. The ones without require a "flying" magnet on the trigger wheel. The ones with an internal magnet are designed to trigger with a non-magnetized ferrous steel object or a flying magnet.

Hall Effect Sensors - Non-Oriented

Last edited:
Made the top yoke with built in gauge and switch cluster

Will get the front forks done aswell as headstock mounted to the table before any frame tubes are bent

Your theories are all well and good, but the noedydium?? magnet poles are linear so its magnetized on the 1/2×2 face, not the 1/4×1/2 face like you show in the ref pic.

You're a helluva machinist bud! U using mastercam or something else? My mazak is conversational, so I can make parts like that, but it takes a lot of programming. Well done sir!

You're a helluva machinist bud! U using mastercam or something else? My mazak is conversational, so I can make parts like that, but it takes a lot of programming. Well done sir!
Thanks mate!, i design it all in auto cad then transfer into Alphacam as a .DXF

How about machining a piece of steel to put into your flywheel replacing the magnet and then just counterboring on the other side and glue the hall sensor magnet in and having another try?

Stupid question- can magnets be polarized for single pole only? If so, the instructions on that ECU speak to polarity issues, as well as using a CDI system for signal. Not much on theory myself.

Kenny, again that machine work is eye candy.

yo kenny pics are too small cant wait to see the forks:thumbsup:
I could put the pictures on without making them smaller but i think they just make the thread all over the place ( I could put a link under with full size pics if anyone wants?), i also can't wait to see the forks as that means I'm closer to riding it! :laugh:

Todays task was to design and make a bottom yoke, I decided on making a dummy yoke setup which has a steel yoke welded to the forks with a aluminium cover yoke to hide the weld aswell as match the top yoke

65ShelbyClone

Your theories are all well and good, but the noedydium?? magnet poles are linear so its magnetized on the 1/2×2 face, not the 1/4×1/2 face like you show in the ref pic.
Then I would suggest recording the problem on a datalog and looking at the RPM and trigger signals. I would also use a known good separate rev counter to verify that the ECU is interpreting the correct engine speed.

Stupid question- can magnets be polarized for single pole only?
Nope, can't have a north without a south and vice-verse.