Modifications -New style doodlebug DB30

Hey hows it going, I'm new to the mini bike community and to this forum so hows it going. I recently purchased a new style db30 on craigslist got a pretty good deal, this thing is mint still had the bar code sticker on it. This mini bike is a walk in the park compared to my old one. I had a manco thunderbird with a 54 sprocket 6.5hp blue clone gps'ed at 45mph. Plan is 50mph + with good low end torque.

I want to know which modifications are good for the new style D30 and which fit, such as headers, mufflers, air filters, tires, engines, sprockets, ratios etc

So far this is what i plan on getting + 6.5hp mounting plate + hydralic brake kit

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any other suggestions or ideas? Would love to hear some ideas and or critizicsm or ways to help me save $! thanks ! :drinkup:

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
Search the doodlebug section and you will have found the treasure at the end of the rainbow. Everything that has been done and could be done in one convient spot.
Good luck on your build.

You can check OldMiniBikes warehouse and beat those prices I see on that work up you pasted.Try Hot Rod mini bike and cjmini also.Lots of DB30 parts reasonably priced and great service from any of them.They can be found here on OldMiniBikes. Bill Welcome to the "family".

Save yourself some trouble and go with some good kart chain! Stock stuff just stretches and you have to keep moving the engine or the idler! RLV extreme is real nice!! Oh and welcome to OldMiniBikes!

The db30's are #35. Youll need two boxs and a chain breaker! You can run witha master link or without. Make sure you run the master link clip with the closed end facing in the direction of travel!

The db30's are #35. Youll need two boxs and a chain breaker! You can run witha master link or without. Make sure you run the master link clip with the closed end facing in the direction of travel!
I see how would you run the high quality chain without a master link?

If you have a chain breaker you can use it to push in the finall pin on your chain to complete your link. Makes one solid chain with no master link! Sorry I dont know how to simplify that anymore:shrug: