Modified animal

Hi guys, I'm in the process of putting together an animal engine with a WF piston, WF rod and an AN MOD01 cam. Has anyone here done this? If so what kind of power/problems should I expect? Hopefully no problems but I have to ask. Thanks

Neck

Growing up is optional
You should really think about purchasing a W/F head, manifold and Carb. The ports and combustion chamber are of a better design than the Animal.

rmm727

Is the piston any different? I know the rod is nicer and supposedly just as nice as an ARC. The head and WF cam or bigger are where its at.

Is the piston any different? I know the rod is nicer and supposedly just as nice as an ARC. The head and WF cam or bigger are where its at.
The piston is different, it has a raised portion. The rod is very nice, and the anmod01 cam has a little more lift than the WF cam. For now the WF head is not an option but I would love to have one.

The WF rod and AN1 cam are a good idea, but the WF piston w/ out the WF head?, never heard of that.

Usually, you cut the Animal block so the piston is out of the hole maybe .010" and cut the Animal head to raise compression a little. There is also some stuff you can do to the valve train to improve geometry.

My Animal has stock valve springs and I normally turn it over 7000 rpms with no problems. I have used WF and ARC rods, maybe like WF a little better, but about the same IMO. Williams makes a very good rod for Animal/ WF, can sometimes get them for less $'s.

Sounds interesting, put it together and report back. May have a piston/ valve clearance issue, but don't know. :shrug:

The WF rod and AN1 cam are a good idea, but the WF piston w/ out the WF head?, never heard of that.

Usually, you cut the Animal block so the piston is out of the hole maybe .010" and cut the Animal head to raise compression a little. There is also some stuff you can do to the valve train to improve geometry.

My Animal has stock valve springs and I normally turn it over 7000 rpms with no problems. I have used WF and ARC rods, maybe like WF a little better, but about the same IMO. Williams makes a very good rod for Animal/ WF, can sometimes get them for less $'s.

Sounds interesting, put it together and report back. May have a piston/ valve clearance issue, but don't know. :shrug:
Ok, so the engine is back together and clearance is not an issue.