Monkey trax-more than 2 wheels entry

yoop what about using snowmobile idler wheels instead? they have bearings in them. but u def need some type of support for those tracks when sitting down u dont want a ton of weight sitting on them.
most snowmobile wheels are smaller.the front drivers have to stay but i could put smaller ones on the back and use more of them.going with what i have for now and see what happens.
i do have alot of sled parts to play around with

Last edited:
most snowmobile wheels are smaller.the front drivers have to stay but i could put smaller ones on the back and use more of them.going with what i have for now and see what happens.
i do have alot of sled parts to play around with
arent they 6''? what size are those ones?

yeah there 6'' from what i know depends on the make of snowmobile i was just thinking snowmobile idler wheels cause there rubber and have bearings those looks to be plastic and no bearings cant see them lasting long or handle the weight.

hey pimp. how'd his tracks hold up?and how did it turn without the diff?
i'm thinking the weight is not going to be a issue .it's spread out quite a bit between the tracks and the ski's.might put some bushings in the rear ones or bond them to the shaft and mount it in bearings so it is a live axle and not spinning in the plastic.if they don't hold up i can always have some made.i'll pull out some of my sled bogies before i get to far into it.

hey pimp. how'd his tracks hold up?and how did it turn without the diff?
i'm thinking the weight is not going to be a issue .it's spread out quite a bit between the tracks and the ski's.might put some bushings in the rear ones or bond them to the shaft and mount it in bearings so it is a live axle and not spinning in the plastic.if they don't hold up i can always have some made.i'll pull out some of my sled bogies before i get to far into it.
the tracks holding up but the teeth on the wheels break easy...its drifts around corners... if u try 2 make sharp turns the track kinda jumps but never had it come off, w/ a differential i think u wouldn't have that problem.

did some mock-up of the drivetrain with just some parts i had layin around.probably just try a clutch for now.if need be i can add a tav later if need be.gotta order a bunch of parts sprockets,bearings,carriers,jackshaft and bits and pieces.got a carb coming hopefully that's all the engine needs.ran on spray.and going to get the rear drive squared away first.

going with 2 small ski's from a kitty cat
might not need shocks on them.
i should have them next week
i'll know more when i get them

thanks frankster.:thumbsup: if the plastic doesn't hold up those would work
or might be able to make some.i found some 8" rear sled idlers with bearings to if i need them