Most of Boston in lockdown

I don't know about appropriate, but if and when he is convicted, he should be very glad he is being sentenced in America!
Absolutely!

Fair trial and punnishemnt for all the world to see.

Thats important because it proves something that America is a civilized country with the rule of law.

Show trials in places like Iran, or even Russia where these fellows are from are not justice.
Far worse they simply make marters of otherwise guilty men.

I dont believe in the justice system for these types of people. They should get good old fashion southern justice. I would make him wish he was dead long before I would allow him to. And no..I really dont care if its Christian or not.

I am not political and do not attend church on a regular basis but I believe in justice and making the punishment fit the crime.
I am glad that he was taken alive so that perhaps we can find out what sick twisted reason they had for comitting this act of cowardice and with this information it may prevent it from ever happening again

Oh ya and then fry the bastard

I am not political and do not attend church on a regular basis but I believe in justice and making the punishment fit the crime.
I am glad that he was taken alive so that perhaps we can find out what sick twisted reason they had for comitting this act of cowardice and with this information it may prevent it from ever happening again

Oh ya and then fry the bastard
The reasons why don't realy matter.

You and I could spend a long time trying to understand these things and never realy understand them at all.
Are these people crazy ( the kinds of people that become terrorists )?
No they just can't live in a society like ours where freedom of expression and rule of law.

A good old fassion lynching is probably exactly how people like that are dealt with over there.

Can you feel sympathy for them?
No but it gets fuzzier when they are our own countrymen or worse people with a simmilar up bringiing to us.

My only conclusion is we can learn nothing from this man.
Let the rule of law and justoce take its course because thats the only decent thing to do.

I have also lost faith in the system to be honest.
6 months ago I would have never bought a hand gun, that changed.

I can only try and hang on too the last hope of a person that beleived in civil society and the rule of law.
That is 12 men and ladies from the will decide what is true and decide what is fair.

After that has failed, I guess I will join the mob with the ropes in hand and hope its never me that is accused of something.

Stick im in a bomb proof room with several dozen trash cans with a hidden bomb.
See how he likes it.

Was with a guy today, said he heard they was just young kids/teens?

Oldsalt

We have plenty of serial killers, the absolute worst in our society, doing life behind bars in the various state pens. Folks that have killed repeatedly and tortured and maimed their victims so they would die horribly. In this case the total number of people that were killed is lower than the number that is usually used to label a killer as 'serial'. And it was a single incident.

Of course the survivor, if found guilty, should be put to death. [Is there a even a death penalty in that state?] But hold on here! I see posts that are mostly dedicated to devising outlandish death methods to be administered before a trial. This whole thing sounds like another 'media event' that is being hyped up beyond the relative enormity of the crime...on a scale of 1 to 10 the bombing is a -4 and is treated like a 12.

bandit 40

This spineless individual needs to have his limbs ripped from his body very slowly so he can feel the extreme pain of bleeding out..... But he wont because the United Stated and the Feds would rather let him continue to eat and breath in a cell on death row for several years, while the family members of the Us Citizens that died get ZERO closure or justice that they deserve.

We have plenty of serial killers, the absolute worst in our society, doing life behind bars in the various state pens. Folks that have killed repeatedly and tortured and maimed their victims so they would die horribly. In this case the total number of people that were killed is lower than the number that is usually used to label a killer as 'serial'. And it was a single incident.

Of course the survivor, if found guilty, should be put to death. [Is there a even a death penalty in that state?] But hold on here! I see posts that are mostly dedicated to devising outlandish death methods to be administered before a trial. This whole thing sounds like another 'media event' that is being hyped up beyond the relative enormity of the crime...on a scale of 1 to 10 the bombing is a -4 and is treated like a 12.
At that point the ringing in the ears stops people start to look around and blame someone.
It could have been a gas main and someone would have said it was terrorists.
On the morning of Sept. 18, 1920 a waggen loaded with dynomite blew up in front fo the JP Morgan bannk killing a lot of people.

Here is a quote from the NY Times
“The most reasonable theory of the explosion is that it was intended as a terrorizing demonstration. It is not the first. It surely will not be the last,”

SInce then when something blows up or crashes with malicious intenet we demand something be done.
Get the SOBs.

If we are lucky before the shock turns to anger or blood lust we actualy catch the SOBs.
Sometimes this turns into a golden oppertunity to increase the power of the state to spy on and do something too enemies foreign and domestic.
This comes at the expense of our pwn civil liberties however.

Sometimes the anger pushes politicians into wars with dubious objective or rational reasons like the invasion of Iraq.

You see OS people will not wait for justice.
They will chant slogans and become super patriotic.
They will try to move on with their lives and return to normality as soo as they can.
And they will demand something be done to prevent it form happening again.

This time I think it will end in spy drones and possibly drone strikes on US territory.

So nothing should suprose you or me.
We know people want action.
Inaction is a sign of weakness and proves to the terrorists we are weak.
Stupid action is proof to the terrorist that bombs work.

Oldsalt

You see OS people will not wait for justice.
They will chant slogans and become super patriotic.
They will try to move on with their lives and return to normality as soo as they can.
And they will demand something be done to prevent it form happening again.

This time I think it will end in spy drones and possibly drone strikes on US territory.

So nothing should surprise you or me.
We know people want action.
Inaction is a sign of weakness and proves to the terrorists we are weak.
Stupid action is proof to the terrorist that bombs work.[/QUOTE]

NOS...I hear ya.

No mater how it is looked at, no matter what the talking heads on the tube have to say, or how fervently politicians pontificate.....the Boston thing is a "Media Event". The bomb aspect ensures that a higher percentage of the 'great unwashed' have something new [different from last week] to be concerned about. Remember Mad Cow Disease and E-boli and Mexican Flu that were heralded by our news sources as being big deals? Each faux 'crisis' was of short duration. Not to mention Global Warming, no more oil in 10 years, all the honey bees dieing and no more pollenization of food crops, and oil spills that were going to kill all life in the oceans, and many more Media Events that came to nothing. But all were hysterically reacted too by the rank and file. Predictable.

Last edited:
NOS...I hear ya.

No mater how it is looked at, no matter what the talking heads on the tube have to say, or how fervently politicians pontificate.....the Boston thing is a "Media Event". The bomb aspect ensures that a higher percentage of the 'great unwashed' have something new [different from last week] to be concerned about. Remember Mad Cow Disease and E-boli and Mexican Flu that were heralded by our news sources as being big deals? Each faux 'crisis' was of short duration. Not to mention Global Warming, no more oil in 10 years, all the honey bees dieing and no more pollenization of food crops, and oil spills that were going to kill all life in the oceans, and many more Media Events that came to nothing. But all were hysterically reacted too by the rank and file. Predictable.
There sure are a lot of talking heads these days.
And threats both real, amagined and distorted.

Means to ends I do not understand and ultimately too much information to absorb process and draw conclusions about.

I liked it better when we argued about the details.
Because when we start to agree about the big picture and no one else chimes in it means the great deception is working.

This could be a golden age we live in, but we are distracted from the path to it and stripped of the bennniifits freedoms that got us this far down in the first place.

We had the stone age, the the dark age, the industrial age, maybe this will be known as the distracted from the trueth age.

You an I still do not agree on the symptoms and solutions.
At least we have that left lol.

First and formost id like to say what happened in Boston is tragic and sad. Poeple lost there lives and limbs and some will have to face the hardships that come with that kind of loss. Like many others I was in a "shock" when this hit the news. Kinda like 9/11. "Is this really happening" kinda shock.

I have mixed feelings about this situation but I will lay out what Im feeling right now. This really shouldnt have happened and certainly not by the person/persons that committed it. The FBI was onto this guy a few years back.
They let this guy slip through and here we are. They also dropped the ball prior to 9/11. Maybe had they followed through with there intel that to could have been avoided. All im saying is we have had these two terrorist attacks laid upon us and possably the FBI could have put a stop to them. The other thing I have an issue with is spending millions of dollars in a trial and media coverage of that trial on this nut case. It easily could have been ended with another $0.15. I understand the want and need to get info out of the guy so.....get then spend the $0.15. "oops he dies from his wounds from the gun fight". Done. Instead charged and innocent until proven guilty and will likely face the death sentence. That makes sense.:doah: I said it once and I'll say it again "only in America can you blow up 200 people and be innocent until proven guilty". The proof is in the pudding. What else is needed? This is what I see wrong with the system. The system has a place and a purpose and its one of the many things that make this country we live in the best in the world. Not in this case. It shouldnt even be a case. Tar and feather him then quarter horse the SOB In fenway with Ortiz as the commentator. Id buy tickets. :thumbsup:

Oldsalt

We had the stone age, the the dark age, the industrial age, maybe this will be known as the distracted from the truth age.

You an I still do not agree on the symptoms and solutions.
At least we have that left lol.[/QUOTE]

NOS

Not only does the "media" distract us from the truth but it also fails, PURPOSEFULLY, to promote a reasonable sense of proportion.

There is an old Newspaper Reporter's adage that is alive and well with the Talking Heads. It goes like this: "A story about a local dogfight is more newsworthy and will sell more papers than a story about millions dieing of starvation in China".

For instance; for many years Israeli has lived with terrorist bombers. Almost on a daily basis ding-dong Muslims would blow up buses full of people. To get the body count the authorities would count the heads. The sad fact is that when ten or twenty people are reduced to hamburger that's the only way to get an accurate number. I never heard anyone in common conversation mention these happenings. Never read any posts that cried out in justified outrage at the ongoing carnage. It was simply not "News" to the Great Unwashed TV watchers. The numbers killed was a hundred fold as were killed in Boston....but a local dogfight is more interesting than a massacre in another country.

Oh well. Next week it will be an oil spill, maybe a US serviceman will mishandle a Koran by dropping it or possibly a big scandal about Obama's daughter getting her first hickey. Then Boston will be entirely forgotten.

NOS

Not only does the "media" distract us from the truth but it also fails, PURPOSEFULLY, to promote a reasonable sense of proportion.

There is an old Newspaper Reporter's adage that is alive and well with the Talking Heads. It goes like this: "A story about a local dogfight is more newsworthy and will sell more papers than a story about millions dieing of starvation in China".

For instance; for many years Israeli has lived with terrorist bombers. Almost on a daily basis ding-dong Muslims would blow up buses full of people. To get the body count the authorities would count the heads. The sad fact is that when ten or twenty people are reduced to hamburger that's the only way to get an accurate number. I never heard anyone in common conversation mention these happenings. Never read any posts that cried out in justified outrage at the ongoing carnage. It was simply not "News" to the Great Unwashed TV watchers. The numbers killed was a hundred fold as were killed in Boston....but a local dogfight is more interesting than a massacre in another country.

Oh well. Next week it will be an oil spill, maybe a US serviceman will mishandle a Koran by dropping it or possibly a big scandal about Obama's daughter getting her first hickey. Then Boston will be entirely forgotten.

I think everyone has seen this film batman.
I read your posts and have been thinking about this for a while now.
This interesting speach about what our expectations are and the things we fear.

Look what these two guys did with a few cans of black powder and couple of presure cookers.

I am not trying minimize the loss of 3 people and the hundreds of injured.
But in the grand scheme of things OS is right.
We are outraged only when it shocks and we loose interest quick.
Who cares how many Chechins were burried in their homes under russian bombs or how many jews get blown up on a bus if it happens often enough over there.
We expect it

1:55
The Dark Knight - Hospital Scene (Two-Face and Joker) - YouTube

Last edited: