Motovox MBX10 1st mod

Strapped my gps to it today and it read a top speed of 42 mph.
Surprising, I ordered a bigger front sprocket so it wouldn't try to throw me off at low end, has real good low end. Guess it's going to go faster when I get that installed.
That's a good speed (to me at least). To give you some perspective, I have the same gearing but left the 212 stock and my gps at best gives 22mph. Those aftermarket pieces nearly doubled your speed output. I might consider putting those pieces in my next 212 build.

That's a good speed (to me at least). To give you some perspective, I have the same gearing but left the 212 stock and my gps at best gives 22mph. Those aftermarket pieces nearly doubled your speed output. I might consider putting those pieces in my next 212 build.
It really doesn't feel that fast. I let my friend ride and and he thinks the vibrations damaged his testicles into sterility :laugh:

It does have some serious vibrations in the ranges other than 3600 rpm. WOT is ok.
I want to larger clutch sprocket to make it too fast, wanting to cruise around maybe 35 or lower but have the ability to go faster if desired. :thumbsup:

Sunday the rear sprocket came loose, one bolt left 5 gone. Had to run a tap through those and loctite some new bolts in.

Installed an ARC billet rod today. They should just sell the damn socket with it, stupid.
Had to make my own. Also drilled, tapped, and threaded the oil sensor hole. Used a plug out of a big block chevy oil galley (one without a bleed hole in it).

Last edited:
Had a brake caliper bolt strip at like 2 inch pounds. Should be able to put a longer bolt in and maybe a nut on the backside.

Removed the PMR adapter plate and bolted the engine right down to the stock plate after drilling. Still vibrates the balls off :doah:

Swapped from a 12 tooth driver to 14 tooth, still pulls good, scary topend. The forks vibrate at top speed probably due to the oval tires.

The ole Murray track 2 still hauls ass, smooth as a cadillac.

Think the exhaust needs a brace.

Found a DOT approved front wheel thats actually round. Almost got the speedo and hydraulic brake from the scooter it came off of.

Also installed a used turf tamer in the back. Now the brakes don't work so well. The back tire is the same diameter as the original.

Losing interest in this pos, anyone want it?

Last edited:
Top speed...48 mph. Couldn't get a clear view so heres 47.
As accurate as a GPS is.

I don't know why the pic shows up smaller.

Last edited:
I was searching the internet today in search of answers for my MBX11 problem and came across this thread - I figured I would ask you guys and hope someone can help me out as I have been in touch with Motovox over and over with no results. Long story short, I purchased an MBX11 for my son for Xmas. Approx two months ago it lost approximately 1/3 of its top speed. After contacting Motovox, I have greased the clutch, cleaned out the sediment cup, cleaned the jet within the carb, all to no avail.

Do any of you guys have any other suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

It's a chinese piece of garbage, thats the problem.
You greased the clutch? :no:
You put one drop of oil on the bushing, thats it. Clean the grease out and start over. The clutch needs friction to work.

Make sure the tires roll free. I had a wheel bearing let go and it's guts went inside the wheel hub, got wedged between the bearing spacer and hub, slowed things down a bit.

Adjust the valve lash. Clean the fuel strainer in the gas tank. Adjust the governor. Check the compression.

It's a chinese piece of garbage, thats the problem.
You greased the clutch? :no:
You put one drop of oil on the bushing, thats it. Clean the grease out and start over. The clutch needs friction to work.

Make sure the tires roll free. I had a wheel bearing let go and it's guts went inside the wheel hub, got wedged between the bearing spacer and hub, slowed things down a bit.

Adjust the valve lash. Clean the fuel strainer in the gas tank. Adjust the governor. Check the compression.
hes banned so, I don't think itll help