Motovox MBX10 1st mod

Got home from work at 6, unpacked my roller and mocked it up a bit. The rear fender was hitting the exhaust and the valve cover.

What I did was cut the fender brackets off, cut 1/4" off between the bend and frame and welded them back on upside down to lower the fender.

Also set up the throttle linkage, governor arm intact.

I've thought about what to do with the front. I think I'm going to leave the fender off. The thought has crossed my mind to buy a rear wheel assembly and another brake disc, take the sprocket off the assembly, install the disc in it's place so there would be a non functional disc on each side of the front wheel, sport bike style. It would hide the plain steel rim.

https://secure.motovox.com/images/site/MBX10-1.jpg
Stock.

Thats a OldMiniBikes warehouse exhaust, port matched. Expecting an Arc flywheel from them later this week. Also have a valve spring, filter, jet high rev kit coming. Looking at billet rods now too.

Last edited:
That slammed rear fender looks good! Could you take another picture to show how close the exhaust is to the frame?

Glad you like the bike!

That slammed rear fender looks good! Could you take another picture to show how close the exhaust is to the frame?

Glad you like the bike!
The exhaust to frame clearance is 3/16"
The exhaust is 1" OD
This is with a 1/2" thick PMR motor plate, engine centered on the plate, plate centered on the bike side to side, set a little forward approx 1/2" from the foot peg bar. If the chain was any shorter the pipe would probably hit the frame.

Last edited:
Looks good. I love these frames, I bought 2 rollers from them and crammed a 212 in one of them as well.
]
Nice. Any problems with vibration?
I rode mine yesterday for the first time and it vibrates bad. I think I'm going to weld some metal to support the engine plate because I can grab my exhaust and move the engine around. The chain actually gets tighter and looser.

That and the tires are egg shaped and the front rim wobbles.

I got an ARC flywheel from OldMiniBikes today and put it on along with an 8 degree key.
The vibrations go away at high rpm.
The engine isn't broken in yet, so I'm trying to keep the rpm stock for a while more.
Maybe I can take the tach off my kart to see what kind of rpm it's pushing.

Last edited:
Next project :shrug: found this on CL.
I'd like something vintage but just can't find anything.
But this Murray rides smooth and is geared quick.

Last edited:
I rode mine yesterday for the first time and it vibrates bad. I think I'm going to weld some metal to support the engine plate because I can grab my exhaust and move the engine around. The chain actually gets tighter and looser.

That and the tires are egg shaped and the front rim wobbles.
no vibrations, but I cut out the bottom section of my frame and made a new engine cradle. I do get some vibration from the engine until it warms up or I just leave the choke closed a little and have no vibration at all. I have a project log in this forum somewhere of it. The serial plate gets removed when you buy the rollers from Motovox. Mine had the rivets left in as well but no ID numbers.

I'd recheck your 8 engine mounting bolts. There is no reason for the engine to move if you've installed the PMR plate correctly. Something must be loose.

I just want to be clear that I am not bashing this bike at all.
I have the correct throttle linkage kit coming today, then I might have to re-gear it for more top end. And less low end, it will raise the front up.

But it'll never be fast enough, thanks to my last project:

Last edited:
Got rid of the retard bars. Might narrow these.

Reinforced the motor mount, need to finish it.

Need to figure out what to do with this, the frame to head tube. The plates on the sides are only 18 gauge and tack welded here and there.
This is down right ridiculous.

:chinese: The little girl who forgot to weld this up needs to be fired.

Last edited:
Strapped my gps to it today and it read a top speed of 42 mph.
Surprising, I ordered a bigger front sprocket so it wouldn't try to throw me off at low end, has real good low end. Guess it's going to go faster when I get that installed.