My Compressor and a story

Was thinking about upgrading my compressor with my december bonus, I have a little 50L, and I struggle to blast and paint.
Was looking at the Adendorff catalog thinking
2.5HP belt driven - 8.5cfm - 200L tank - just within budget.

So I got home from work and thought lets just see what I got to compare apples with apples.

Damn near fell on my back when I found the spec plate, when I bought it it was before mini bikes, so most I did was pump a tyre or blow out some muck.
This is it's spec plate

:drool: that little direct drive V head is a monster. So all I need is a bigger reservoir.
Found nothing on line and at the local scrap yard, but was driving by this little shop where the guy make barbeque's and though what the hell. Walk in and ask and the guy has an old 250L tank lying in the back with no motor a perfect steal for just 22$.

Welded on some feet so it satnds upright - save space.

So were talking while his guys wipe it down and load it up and I show him the minibike I build while talking about benders.
He says if I want for $6 I can have this thing he has lying in the back yard.

Its electric - really wierd looking - but hey $6 bucks.

Its beging to feel alot like Christmass:thumbsup:

buckeye

And a good day was had by Tank. Shows there are good folks.
That little three wheeler might make a fun little project for your son to ride.:thumbsup:

Hey Dan great finds , it is allways a stuggle to sandblast with home comp.
My contraption is a 5 horse 27 gallon unit that I extended the mounted plate and added a second 3 horse unit to kick in when I need the extra cfms.
In my industrial instrumentation training many years ago we did a lot of phneumatics and its all about the ballance of reserve capacity and recovery time .
With your 11.5 cfm at 100+ psi it should work out good.
Mine cycles alot when blasting but hey I need a break to inspect my work anyway lol.

45t

Cool finds! :thumbsup: That 3 wheel thing sorta looks like some type of mobility scooter set up. Looks like it has battery trays. :detective: It would be a neat ride with a 3hp-5hp strapped to it.

Cool finds! :thumbsup: That 3 wheel thing sorta looks like some type of mobility scooter set up. Looks like it has battery trays. :detective: It would be a neat ride with a 3hp-5hp strapped to it.
He smiled and yelled Igor bring us a possessed 5Hp. YYesss Master
:thumbsup: