My dream motor!!!

maddcarson

enginesavailnow

CHECK IT OUT!!!!! Its the first motor on the page. If i won the lotto or inherited alot of money. that would be the first thing i buy!!!!

Heres a description!!

This is the Billet Beast. We bought a
kit engine from the manufacture of these
components and proceeded to use our
own cam profile, carb drill pattern,
rocker ratios, and bore, stroke and rod
ratio. What we end up with is more HP
than you can hook up. The engine is
28.86 cubic inches or 476cc's. It has
been de-tuned to 52hp to help you get
your chassis hooked. If you would like
60+ hp, we can and will tune it for that
before shipping it to you. You will have
to figure out your own traction problems
though ! Race Ready with outboard
bearing support and all updates $5000

cxbra

WOW, it comes de-tuned to 52hp but 60+ hp if you ask.. NUTS! I think the prettiest looking engine was the $3000 Tecumseh 398cc stroker for sure!

who the hell buys this stuff?
:lol: NO :001_9898:!!! Good lord, for 5,000 you might as well buy a Lycoming airplane engine... I can ALMOST see them wanting top dollar for fully billet EVERYTHING Race motors... But 750 for a (MIGHT BE blown up Tec big block)??/ Come the :censure: ON now dude.... :hammer: Pawn Star galore...

Oldsalt

A 5 grand price tag without any specs. No torque at RPM numbers, no compression ratio and etc. info, no red line notation. "Proceeded to use our own cam profile" is all we get regarding the bump stick. No bore/stroke figures. No mention of piston material. Talk about a pig in a poke. The only thing that the dude that wrote the description got pinned down is that you will never be smart enough to hook up all the horsepower he is so kind to supply. He had to say that three times in the description. 100% hype. My favorite line in the description? "It has been DETUNED to 52 horsepower to help you get your chassis hooked".

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
A 5 grand price tag without any specs. No torque at RPM numbers, no compression ratio and etc. info, no red line notation. "Proceeded to use our own cam profile" is all we get regarding the bump stick. No bore/stroke figures. No mention of piston material. Talk about a pig in a poke. The only thing that the dude that wrote the description got pinned down is that you will never be smart enough to hook up all the horsepower he is so kind to supply. He had to say that three times in the description. 100% hype. My favorite line in the description? "It has been DETUNED to 52 horsepower to help you get your chassis hooked".
That's a old trick to hook new comers to the eye candy. It puts this thought that is different in every one's own mind of unbelievable power. Possibly 60, maybe 70, or could be 80hp??? I just don't know!

The craziest line I have heard from a builder was "This is all the power you will ever need to get the job done".

Oldsalt

Lots of eye candy as you say. The dumbest thing I see in the picture of the engine is the fact that it is polished. It should be anodized black. Even on a very high output WATER cooled engine nobody but a loonatic would polish the exterior of the engine. It's provides a handy, and free, radiation/conduction surface. Rough cast black is best....polished smooth shiny is the absolute worst codition. For a [supposidly] "killer" high output AIR cooled engine it's a criminal offence in any just society. That's what first told me, even before reading the idiotic description, that the builder doesn't know what he is doing or doesn't care.

Oldsalt

Well the builder had nothing to do with the way it looks. They come that way in a kit, you just do some machining, assemble and go.
There is one thing I would do....wouldn't buy the 'kit'. So this guy buys a kit and with a couple of machine tools and a website sells them for 5 grand? Said he was a loonatic but I gotta take it all back. The true loon would be someone that would step up for one, send the money without ever seeing the engine, have the engine shipped to him and is then still capapable of keeping a foolish grin on his face.

High guys. New guy here. I hail from NW florida. I love the information here. Thank you very much for the resource.

About this $5k engine.. I don't really see the need for it. You can get a slightly used ~20hp Vtwin from a lawn tractor and have a much more reliable solution. I bet you could get the twin near 45+hp with just a little work. (they are all over craigs list for around $2-300)