My first mini bike project ARCO

RTK

Today I made the bracket for the band brake and did a little more work on the gas tank. I plan to order some exhaust pieces tonight. If all goes well I'm looking to get the frame,fork and wheels and blasted next week so I can get it ready for paint. I'm hoping to have it complete by the end of the month. I should have the motor back for my car by then and once I get back on that project this one will go to the back burner if not complete.

gbones

NICE welds:thumbsup: i like the chain tentioner and the block behind the engine to slide it forward to tighten the chain.

rmm727

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be better to have the top portion of the band brake move freely and make the bottom portion fixed so that the the rotation of the clutch would pull the band around tighter when the brake is applied?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be better to have the top portion of the band brake move freely and make the bottom portion fixed so that the the rotation of the clutch would pull the band around tighter when the brake is applied?
This has been debated before and while im not disagreeing, I believe it won't ne noticeable at normal speeds.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rmm727

This has been debated before and while im not disagreeing, I believe it won't ne noticeable at normal speeds.

Ok, we built a mini chopper with a band brake on the clutch in an orientation like this and it seemed to want to kick the brake into the off position. Our band brake was rubber lined though. Not sure if that makes a difference over the automotive type lining.

Ok, we built a mini chopper with a band brake on the clutch in an orientation like this and it seemed to want to kick the brake into the off position. Our band brake was rubber lined though. Not sure if that makes a difference over the automotive type lining.
I would say it makes a big difference. I have run them.both ways. Biggest thing I've noticed is scuffing the paint off the clutch bell before using it so it doesn't glaze the lining.
Also I saw this bike in person last night. The pics do not do it justice. Not because RTK is my best bud, but because he is a hell of a fabricator. We brainstormed some stuff and this will be one to watch!

RTK

Some more progress. Got the fuel tank mounted and the filler installed. The exhaust is tacked together and I also started on my breather/catch tank. I'm waiting on the breather and a petcock to finish that up. My buddy is blasting the wheels tonight for me so I can paint them and get the tires on it.