my new clutch showed up today

it's going on my 5.5 clone. i have no idea how well it will work. even if it sucks it's still cool looking and would look neat sitting somewhere.

I have a couple semi circles burnt into my left lower leg from clutches. Could you imagine that sucker hitting your leg!:sadcrying4:

i wish i found that for that cheep of a price.
that's most of the reason i got it.

for anyone that doesn't know, these things are $190 new. they're fully rebuildable and adjustable as well.

i also just noticed that there isn't a hole for a set screw on the side. if you didn't have the hole on the end of the shaft (i do) you'd be kind of SOL.

I have a couple semi circles burnt into my left lower leg from clutches. Could you imagine that sucker hitting your leg!:sadcrying4:
that's one thing i'm worried about. i may have to do a clutch cover.

my shoe is all worn down from hitting the clutch too. this one sticks out further than my max torque too.

I think the clutch cover is a must . It does look wicked though and should grab the load real good only question is @ what rpm LOL it will be High HO Silver Away. Did you get any instructions with it ?
Steve :scooter:

no instructions (it's used). where it's going to engage is my biggest worry. it's adjustable, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to get it low enough.

edit:

here's how it's going to look installed. i need to get a smaller washer (the arms just barely hit it) and the key that i was using with my max torque is too tall. i'm going to need to file it down a bit.

Last edited:
Hey, make a clutch guard that is skeletonized and shows off the clutch.:thumbsup: The set screws on the side are not supposed to be used anyway unless you have no choice. (told that from Clutch manufactures)

Problem with the Cats is the foot pegs are right where the engine is and it's much easier when they are more up front like a Bonanza. You can make it work. :thumbsup:

it'd be nice to move them but i don't really want to chop up this frame.

if i end up buying this one tomorrow, there's a good chance i'll swap everything over to it.

that's not a big deal. i'm sure those guys also put more wear on their clutch in one race than i would in several months. i might do an hour of riding in a weekend.

You will be able to adjust it just fine. There should be a guide on-line for tunning. My nephew ran that on his karts and they where set up to slip 'but pull' from around 2000-4000 and then go lock above 4000 Those guys ran them a year or two and then sold them working to the low buck guys. That should be the last clutch you ever need. The racing clutches litterally lock when ingaged so there is not a whole lot of heat, but the thing is there ment for the hammer down. When we raced eveything was direct drive. That was nice but it half killed my Dad and Mom.

it's not running yet. the seat and front wheel are the only things that are actually bolted on now. the rest of the stuff is just sort of sitting there so it's out of the way. i'm hoping to have everything together by next weekend.

From what I have read lately, Those Noram Clutches are suppose to be new.

That thing hitting your leg, would be something like a hand in the garbage disposal:sadcrying4:

Last edited:
please tell me you are gonna have someone video tape you first taking off and grinding ur leg on that thing? Just kidding i was looking at getting one of those but heard that they were not the best for minibikes because of the engaging speeds. let us know how it works out.