My new tires for db rims. pics inside

So.. it came today! :)

It was a PAIN to install! Its such a hard rubber that the bead WOULD NOT go around without pulling the rim through to the inside of the tire. I had to eventually lean on a concrete wall, stand on it with all 220lbs of my weight with both feet, and use a crowbar. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

But all of that aggravation was worth it when all was finished. My acceleration is crazy now from what I can tell, but my engine is bugging out. I changed the profile of my cam, dont know if its that or the fact that I have a bad exhaust seat that needs a valve job.

Heres pics of the new tire. Its a lot smaller than the original tire. I'll probably buy another one of these to install on the front.

Taller tire for DB30 6" rims

Your new tire looks good :thumbsup:.

I am looking for a taller tire than the 14.5-70 x 6 OEM tire myself. When we're riding off road, the rear tire sometimes "bottoms out" with the rear sprocket hitting whatever it happens to be riding over at the time. This caused the chain to come off my 13 year old daughter's bike this past weekend about 4 miles from where I had parked my truck with the tools I had brought along. Luckily, there were 3 of us riding together so we sent one rider after the tools while I struggled while trying to remove the master link on the chain with a pocket knife. Yes, there was a lesson to be learned there :detective:.

Back when we had the OEM 2.8 hp engine(s), I had aired the rear tires up to 20-25 psi, it rode rough as Hell, but it helped the performance of the doodle bugs. I have since installed 6.5 hp clones on our 2 DB30s, and aired the rear tires down to make the ride smoother on our backs and backsides :asshole:.

I'm thinkin' with all that extra power from the clone engines, it shouldn't hurt to go up a tire size or so to have a little more ground clearance/smoother ride, would it? :shrug:

Jimmy S.

Looking good mchornfeck :thumbsup:. I like that tire. Did you have any clearance issues with the brake caliper, since the tire is so wide? Does the rear of the mini bike sit noticeably lower that the front now? I have a 13X5-6 Carlisle slick that I am going to put on my rear for now. How is the new chain holding up?

That chain is the old one, I just removed the added links where it broke, and added other links that roll a bit better. I gotta tighten it though, because the engine was sliding around.

No clearance issues at all, it fit perfectly. :)

This caused the chain to come off my 13 year old daughter's bike this past weekend about 4 miles from where I had parked my truck with the tools I had brought along. Luckily, there were 3 of us riding together so we sent one rider after the tools while I struggled while trying to remove the master link on the chain with a pocket knife. Yes, there was a lesson to be learned there :detective:.
there's no reason to pull the master to get the chain back on. get it partially on the sprocket, roll the bike back and it will pop right on.

So.. it came today! :)

It was a PAIN to install! Its such a hard rubber that the bead WOULD NOT go around without pulling the rim through to the inside of the tire. I had to eventually lean on a concrete wall, stand on it with all 220lbs of my weight with both feet, and use a crowbar. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

But all of that aggravation was worth it when all was finished. My acceleration is crazy now from what I can tell, but my engine is bugging out. I changed the profile of my cam, dont know if its that or the fact that I have a bad exhaust seat that needs a valve job.

Heres pics of the new tire. Its a lot smaller than the original tire. I'll probably buy another one of these to install on the front.

Looking Good Man. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :smile:

QUOTE=Strigoi;201290]there's no reason to pull the master to get the chain back on. get it partially on the sprocket, roll the bike back and it will pop right on.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, there was a big reason to pull the master link. I still have the OEM rear sprocket chain guard on my DB30s, and there is no room to get the chain started and around the sprocket with the chain guard so close to the sprocket and the tire.

Jimmy S.