My Outlawfabshop drag frame winter project

125ccCrazy

Thanks Guys... I got the tire on the rim pretty easily but had a time to get it to catch a bead and inflate...I tried the rope around the tire and tighten it up to squueze the sidewalls out... just wasn't happening so I resorted to the old trick we used on our atv's back when.... brake fluid and a long match :doah:.... not the brighest of ways to do it but it works.... after a few attempts it just lit the side wall up where the mist from the bf sprayed on it... about the third attempt it did the same thing, as I went to blow the flames out I just rested my hand on the outter edge of the tire and POP!!! the tire was on the rim....after changing my BVD's I filled it with air and she is good to go.............

125ccCrazy

Thanks guys.... it's gonna be a long slow process but will be worth it when it's done..

Tom, you are correct...I'll have alot of bucket time staring it over.... I have to figure out a gas tank and where I want it mounted... Kenny is making me a seat for it.. I sent him a template last week.:thumbsup:.

Well I Got my wheel back today... I'm not a 100% satisfied with the work..the bearings dont press in nearly as tight as they should and for what I paid they should have been perfect...:doah:

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

I'm thinking about doing a hyd brake on the front wheel since this wheel already has a rotor.... it would be a nice back-up plan if the rear brakes failed.... I found a front brake on ebay for a pitbike I think will work and it looks like the same handle as my rear brake so they will match :thumbsup:

bandit 40

Its coming together my friend :thumbsup: It looks sharp. I will be glad to test drive it when its done lol, just remind me how hot the header is so I don't do it again :doah:.

125ccCrazy

Its coming together my friend :thumbsup: It looks sharp. I will be glad to test drive it when its done lol, just remind me how hot the header is so I don't do it again :doah:.
Thanks Mark...you know you'll get to test it out.... oh and the header will be out the back...just don't slide off the seat :thumbsup: