My scooter build

cool recoil,did the Australia troops have that in warII ?
Yes they were used in WW2, and i believe they were British made. A funny thing about them was because the fuel tank was lower than the carby it had to be pressurize with a small pump to start and then regularly after that or it would stop.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

All I had to cut steel with was the arc welder cranked up on high. That's why my homemade chop saw looks so ragtag. But it works great. The spindle is off an old mower deck.

My tube bender! Looks like crap, but bends 1" heavy wall cold just fine.

It was really cold thru most of the build.

A view from underneath at the brake pushrod.

A better view of my build jig.

You folks have been very kind with your comments. This is a truly warm, informative site. I'm glad I stumbled upon it.:scooter:

Jleon

I too have a barrel stove in my shop. I'm curious about The blocks and stones surrounding the stove. I have a fan at the ceiling aiming down to help distrbute the heat.

Warm

The blocks are filled with rocks, and the rocks stacked on top warm up and give off radiant heat. I aim my fan across the top of the stove. When it's really bad cold I have an old diesel jet heater.

You are a true American. I say that because of the inginuity you put into your tools and the bike. The bike build is truly awesome, but I love that chop saw!

Great job, I like the way you think. I'am a blacksmith and try to make things using scrap from around the shop or from recycle bins. You are truly inventive. I hope to be moving to the Ozarks soon. I have piece of property near the town of Ava.

Thanks again for the pics.

In His service
btr :hammer:

I too have a barrel stove in my shop. I'm curious about The blocks and stones surrounding the stove. I have a fan at the ceiling aiming down to help distrbute the heat.
Barell stoves actually work pretty great BUT they are thin and don't HOLD much heat.. a small garage they will run you out of.... The ceiling fan is a great idea, Old Dingers blocks are even better... OTHER things you can do, MANY people will stack two barrels on top of each other, the second is nothing but radiant heat... THE BEST!! Idea I have EVER SEEN for home made stoves is Ricks stove.. Ollllllld Homer created the idea, but he has ONLY had one type of stove since the 40's.... He will take a 250 gallon tank, cut a BUNCH of holes in either end, THEN weld pipes in them.. There is a squirrel cage fan in back, and it blows air through the cherry red tubes..... ALL and I mean ALL of the wiremans like 12 kids, PLUS their kids, grand kids... ALL have the same stove.... NOW liste to this... Rick has one in his garage... He ALSO has a brand new house... He cut like a 2 feet hole in either end and added a WATER tank.... he NOW has conduit running through many of his tubes back into the tank... He keeps the water like 120 130 degrees... and pumps it into his house just like one of those $6,000 outdoor wood burners.. Same idea only built after the fact, from an already home made garage stove.... He uses less wood than anyone I've ever seen... Last night before going up to the house.. he says, I gotta check my stove... Threw TWO little pieces I mean like 4 inch diameter pieces, in on top of the 3 pieces that were 1/2 burnt... He had to wrap the stove in insulation to keep the garage cooler and pump MORE to heat to the house.... But I am here to tell ya... THIS guy has a stove... looks like a Boiler from the Titanic... and heats his TWO STORY HOUSE AND garage with next to NO wood....... "Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention" ...................PS..... how can I have a pic set as my background, yet have completely deleted it from my computer? :shrug: It's my background but It's gone.. :shrug: You guys gotta see this thing... I guess I need a new pic of it.. :shrug: Can you transfer it out of backgrounds or something somehow? I will see what I can do....

HUH!! Well..... I've dug through all the little hidden Windows files and all kinds of stuff and I can't figure out where they are saved.... :doah: I'd like to post it. It's hillbilly as you can get.. :lol: You get the idea though.. It's like one of those Magic Heat things you can get for the smoke stack.. I would say try THAT idea on your barrel stove. :thumbsup: Run some heavy tubing through it from end to end and pump air through them.. WOW!! :thumbsup: works GREAT.. you can even slide smaller pieces of tube in them and hang your gloves on them... Homer used to set his spray paint cans on them... :doah:

I am blown away by your fabrication skills! It looks very much like a cushman or an old tote-gote or even a tule-mule. Great job! My arc welder is an old copper coil craftsman at least 40-50 years old!

YEAH here ya go.. Thanks Bud.. we'll keep ya anonymous incase someone gets mad I posted 3 posts about this retarded stove.. Thanks for the help.. :thumbsup: I SWEAR this is the last stove post though.. The bike is cool for sure.. You should try this idea with your stove now.. It's cold in the Ozarks.. get everything you can out of that baby..
[/IMG]