My Scratch Build

I wanted to make a unique gift for my son so I rounded up my junk and started on this. Maybe by Xmas time I'll be done...Be gentle on me, it's my first scratch build.

Here is a segment of video of the power plant.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGEDTyHi9qs[/YOUTUBE]

Tomorrow, the trees and fork...
:weld::grind::hack:

Last edited:
hey man thats a good start,what did a man once,a long jurney starts with
the first step,,,,its good to have goals!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

hey man thats a good start,what did a man once,a long jurney starts with
the first step,,,,its good to have goals!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
AND things with wheels that help get rid of the clutter are nice too :)

BTW, to anyone interested That 4horse briggs is attached to a 1750watt generator, which might be for sale or trade soon.

I think its a good start.

I love scratch built projects.
I want to build a little minibike as soon as I can but I have a house to work on for now.

please keep the pics coming.

Slow progress, but there is a gooseneck column now. Things will be slow until I can scrounge some steel plate for the triple trees and axle hangers. Total investment so far? However much the flux core welding wire was. Unfortunately I don't think I can get away with free wheels, brakes and sprockets!
BTW don't laugh too hard at my welding :weld: I still need to smooth them up some.

Never EVER under any circumstances ride your mini bike near power lines!

I was wondering what I was going to do for the front forks then I found a nice piece of tv/cb radio antenna mast and chopped a couple sections out of it. I guess I am going for the wide glide look now! 1.25" O.D. with .080" Steel walls. I think it will work. Next up the trees...if I can luck out and find some steel.:hammer:
The cost is adding up now. My angle grinder bit the dust. Boo.

Last edited: