N.Z. made Tru Test

project # 2

This was a roller only, have since bought it a B & S 3.5 hp with Maxtorque clutch.
Has 5"wheels but i need one more for the front of project # 1

Last edited:
the trike

I am building this for my kids as well, exhaust tube frame, Monark springer front, race kart rear wheels. Just sorting hubs to drive one rear wheel at present and sorting gear ratio. Will be painted to match the Moon seat as will one of the mini bikes.

Nice work, Lucky Kids!! So what Cobra do you have?
It's a N.Z. made Berry Racecars kit. They were exported to the U.S. through Ace Cobras in canoga Park, one was featured in the Cobra magazine when it was going. Very accurate body, r.h.s. chassis, jag i.r.s. Berry front susp. arms. Have 428 FE, dual quads, CJ heads. will be a longish build.

It's a N.Z. made Berry Racecars kit. They were exported to the U.S. through Ace Cobras in canoga Park, one was featured in the Cobra magazine when it was going. Very accurate body, r.h.s. chassis, jag i.r.s. Berry front susp. arms. Have 428 FE, dual quads, CJ heads. will be a longish build.
Sounds like it will a nice build. I am sure you will have fun with it!! Mine is a Backdraft. Made in South Africa and then imported to Florida. It has all BMW M3 suspension. I have had it for about a year and a half now and have been really happy with it.

Last edited:
Been doing some repair work on the frame. Both factory welds at the steering neck union had broken and hadn't been lined up when someone welded it back together, it had a scruffy looking plate to brace it. I cut the plate off and cut both frame rails and lined them up and rewelded them. I will put two gussets in them later. Also building a paddle brake for it. The new Astros i bought look good on it[

, my little boy is stoked with them.

Last edited:
Those look like Ruttmans although they could very well be something else, a dude on Ebay from canada has some larger Ruttmans he's calling Bobcat400s. I wonder if they had the same origin?:shrug:

Those look like Ruttmans although they could very well be something else, a dude on Ebay from canada has some larger Ruttmans he's calling Bobcat400s. I wonder if they had the same origin?:shrug:
I can't find any history through the company that sold them here in the early 70,s. I had a feeling they might be Lil Indians or a copy of them, they look to have the same brackets etc as a small frame L.I. but the wheels are a different style, 5" alloy similar to a Manco wheel. Would be interesting to find out for certain though.

I can't find any history through the company that sold them here in the early 70,s. I had a feeling they might be Lil Indians or a copy of them, they look to have the same brackets etc as a small frame L.I. but the wheels are a different style, 5" alloy similar to a Manco wheel. Would be interesting to find out for certain though.
They do look like Lil Indians come to think of it! Yeah many manufacturers made stuff for various companies worldwide. They are very cool and have much potential!:thumbsup:

Bobcat's and Wildcats were made by Harrison...very similer to Ruttman mules and stuff. They are all kinda tied together. Harrison originaly built frames while working for Ruttman, and then started his own company..or something like that. And the Lil Indian looking project is looking good after re-welding.