Need help putting a motor on an MTD frame

I picked up a frame with no motor. going by some pics on the internet I need a pulley, clutch and a chain. What should I be looking for and where can I get it?

You can just throw any ole motor on it with a regular one speed chain clutch and ride it.. They originally had a Tecumseh HS engine on them with the slanted intake, and the torque convertors.. That stuff can be pricey and hard to find. Just depends on how ya want to go I guess..

TomH

Here is a nice one out of the picture archives. Pretty complicated bike, What are you trying to do, make a rider or do a resto? I don't know how well it would run without the angled intake, probably can find one here or make one. You would need to find a motor with a lighted coil to run the lights.

Never thought about how it would run without a slanted intake. Probably going to send it to craigslist to fund the other bike projects.

buckeye

That could be a cool bike. Either resto or just throw it together and make it a fun beater. Has suspension,that's a great start.
But too busy is too busy.