need light coil for briggs

I have the only one I have ever seen.. The bike in my avatar has it in it.. I have seen a few electric start 5 horse motors with the 110.. You need that block and crank because the block has the bosses to bolt the coil in, then then long crank for the ring gear flywheel.. All the 110 start motors I have seen are the right block and crank.... where the hell you'd ever find a lighting coil flywheel with magnets and the coils them self beats me..... My motor has a 12 volt starter and lighting coil. No idea where it belonged to.. It was smashed and neglected for 20 years laying in the aluminum pile at the scrapyard when I found it.. I was still in the truck rolling across the scales and looked down and said :drool: drool: :drool: It was smashed and mangled but I saw the starter and on the side cover says ALTERNATOR EQUIPPED!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: This was the bigger place that doesn't sell stuff back out.. But I hauled a lot of steel there..BUNCH of copper, brass, catalytic converters.. and I told them if you don't sell me this motor I will never sell you another anything. :thumbsdown: So I got it.. :wink: don't go to that place anymore anyways since but I found the only 5 horse briggs flathead with alternator and 12 volt start I have ever seen.... :shrug: why it is or where it was born to I couldn't say..

hey sorry about not getting back until now ,been out of town,thanks for the info sounds like i may need to just get a small generator and run it off my chain. I guess

HEY that is a good idea too.. I was thinking it would be easier to use a bicycle one on the flywheel.. The chain has too many variables.. Jeep2003 is a member on here who built an AWSOME Tank Bike and IT had a bicycle generator on the flywheel.. You could look him up and ask how it worked out...

here ya go, got in there and did some digging today.... It's suposed to have the regular recoil but I put the Rip Cord on it because I like them better.. The rest of the flywheel area is factory Briggs though..
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

It is smooth as silk at any speed... I blew the speedo cable off years ago at 205 miles... But I'd say very best screaming wide open down college hill laying on the gas tank it might get like 58.5 or so.. We've clocked it at 56.. It needs new gears and a rebuild on the motor but these motors run forever and the body looks like hell from wrecks and neglect and abuse. I never finished putting it together the last time. Has a tool box now and never screwed the lid on. :doah: ... I just run it an say piss on it anymore.. I've put so much effort into the retarded thing.. And it seams to look GREAT for about one day then a bird flies into it or something and it looks like crap again.. Rotate tires, sprocket and chain every 1,500 miles... Oil change when it runs out... and drive it.. :lol: I call it the Stupidcycle, lately....... Sewercycle, Scrapheap.. I like Scrapheap.. Best describes it... THAT and if it says Scrapheap all nice on the side of the tank... Maybe I'll less likely to find window lickers at the gas station telling me.. :drool: I USED TO HAVE ONE JUST LIKE THAT!!!!!! :drool:..... :glare:...... Dumb:001_9898: .. :lol: