NEED MO POWA!!! Briggs 900 series

first post on this forum and like you guys im a minibike nut who loves building dangerously fast bikes that hardly have brakes :biggrin::scooter:

I got a stock briggs 900 series which is based off of the LO206, a very nice engine for minibikes, and it needs to be more like a LO206 and less like a 900 intek.

I already have a high end tuned exhaust header with silencer on it, but want more. im looking into a PZ30 carb? is that the right one? and when that is installed do you just completely disconnect the governor? and obviously a K&N styled cleaner with it. what else should I get as an absolute necessity to get a bit more reliableability out of this higher tuned engine. billet connecting rod? and which one of those will go with my engine? from all I have read the two engines are of the same block but the animal obviously gets more high end parts than the stock 900. looking to make around 10HP. says im capable of 9 with prem as it is.

Edit 1. should I get a ARC billet connecting rod as a $50 insurance policy against non governed system? its governed now but I am considering removing this for more power.

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

a billet rod is a good insur policy when spinning the engine higher than the stock governed setting... Your engine may have the nylon cam in it, I'd loose that... If your staying with the stock piston and head a stock animal cam will be an improvement or if you plan to go further with the build opt for a performance cam like a 275 or 308... run WF valve springs/locks and retainers with the bigger cams I mentioned... find an animal jr racecar flywheel (usually good used ones on Bob's karting cheap) The 30mm carb will be too big for a basic build and stock valve sizes..

flywheel Briggs Animal Racing Billet Fly Wheel Racing Go Kart Mini Bike | eBay