need some gearing help

trinik7597

need some gearing help for 100 ft drag :thumbsup: have a 13 tooth 2 disc reaper clutch with stall set at about 3500 rpm and a 66 tooth split rear sprocket with jackshaft in between trying to figure out how to set it up to jump out of the hole and pull the whole way hitting max at the line . any input or opinion on this would be greatly appreciated :shrug:

trinik7597

thanks a lot guys :laugh::laugh: how about this 13 tooth clutch 66 rear sprocket jack shaft in between how do i get my ratio to about 6.5 0r 7 to 1 :shrug::thumbsup:

thanks a lot guys :laugh::laugh: how about this 13 tooth clutch 66 rear sprocket jack shaft in between how do i get my ratio to about 6.5 0r 7 to 1 :shrug::thumbsup:
JS in: 17t JS out: 13t equals 6.6:1

JS in: 15t JS out: 12t equals 6.3:1

From the Pardue Bro's spreadsheet. :thumbsup:

vwfan79

Here's the formula for figuring out jackshaft gear ratio (js in÷clutch)×(rear gear÷js out)

I would start around 7 and go from there being that it's only 100'. For the 1/8 I'll be started with 5.5:1 and going from there. Make sure your stall is set in your power band rpm range.

trinik7597

Here's the formula for figuring out jackshaft gear ratio (js in÷clutch)×(rear gear÷js out)

I would start around 7 and go from there being that it's only 100'. For the 1/8 I'll be started with 5.5:1 and going from there. Make sure your stall is set in your power band rpm range.
thanks nick :thumbsup: