Need some Steen's(Taco) help please....

I acquired this little bike over the weekend with the help of another member.. It needs a fair amount of work...but I'm trying to figure out just what it is. The serial number is not in the usual location, it's up by the steering neck. Also, no number before the "p" indicating what year it is.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks!!

The scrub mount seems to have purple paint on the welds, though they don't look like "normal" 22 mounts.

The footpeg brackets appear to have been brazed on.

All in all it's a good piece and with your considerable talent you can have it looking exactly as it should and make it seem like it never happened. I see an extra gusset and added footpegs and I think you are right about the scrub brake brackets. You'll do it justice.:thumbsup:

Are you talking about the little plate up by the steering neck? I thought it was added as well, but it has purple paint on the weld also..??

Thanks for the vote of confidence on saving it !!:thumbsup:
I have only had a 22 and when I look at it better it looks like the gusset need to be there so I'm probably wrong. Someone will know better than me. No shortage of Steens experts to guide you here.:thumbsup:

I'm still hoping to see lower(earlier?) numbers.

Like I said earlier, there is original paint on the brake mount welds.

The little plate on top of the tubes at the steering neck also has original paint on the welds.

The footpegs I'm pretty sure are add-on.