New Coleman minibike????

i saw them talking about this in the coleman group on FB the other day, i dislike warriors do a camo version with a smaller seat doesnt impress me. To me there is no cool factor that makes it a coleman

SAS289

A couple months ago I saw a CT200 at a tractor supply with a $599 price tag. What did they want for the newer Coleman, $699, $799?

Might try to pick one up in a few weeks while on vacation. Will be picking up a normal Ct200U in a few weeks. I want a second bike so my wife has one too. I want to see if I can fit the forks on the CT200U and what problems it might cause.

For all of you wondering about interchanging the forks..... They use 2 totally different bearing styles in the neck. The CT200U uses a sealed bearing according to the Coleman Powersports website (actually looks like a DB30 style setup) and if the new bike is just another variation of a Baja Warrior it uses a true bearing and race system. The same neck bearings used on most bicycles built today.

CT200U frame

CT200U-Frame Body

Baja neck Bearings

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/mb200-140-baja-oem-bearing-assembly.html

2 completely different setups.

Doug

For all of you wondering about interchanging the forks..... They use 2 totally different bearing styles in the neck. The CT200U uses a sealed bearing according to the Coleman Powersports website (actually looks like a DB30 style setup) and if the new bike is just another variation of a Baja Warrior it uses a true bearing and race system. The same neck bearings used on most bicycles built today.

CT200U frame

CT200U-Frame Body

Baja neck Bearings

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/mb200-140-baja-oem-bearing-assembly.html

2 completely different setups.

Doug
Hard to say until someone buys one. Unlike the Baja, the CT200U-EX does not have the nut under the top triple clamp. The steering neck tube on the EX appears to be smaller in diameter (and shorter) than that of the Baja; it looks like the regular CT200U. Go on the TSC site and full-screen the pictures of both Colemans. Cost would be an issue; a regular CT200U fork is $120; I imagine an EX fork would be $200, if not more. I'd rather pay $750 for a TrailMaster MB200-2 with front/rear suspension and torque converter.

I thought it might be different but looking at the photos it looks like both bikes have the same fork housing. Wont know for sure tell some one here tries it. The fork housing looks like U and not like the baja.

That Hisun just doesn't do it for me. The frame geometry at the back just seems a bit weird. May just be the camera angle though. I also think the CT200u racks are more useable than those.

And after looking at the necks on the CT200u-ex and the Warrior, I am pretty sure this isn't a Warrior derivative. The length of the necks appears the same on the CT200u & ex, while the neck appears longer on the Warrior. There is still hope!

I like that Hisun better than the Coleman CT200U (made by Hisun); reasons being that the frame should be stronger due to the triangulation and that it would be easier to add rear suspension (replace that lower rear loop with a swingarm and shocks). That Hisun seems to have limited marketing; I've only seen it available for local pick-up in MN and WI, and I've seen it available for shipping at nearly $1,000 + shipping! :eek:hmy:

I like that Hisun better than the Coleman CT200U (made by Hisun); reasons being that the frame should be stronger due to the triangulation and that it would be easier to add rear suspension (replace that lower rear loop with a swingarm and shocks). That Hisun seems to have limited marketing; I've only seen it available for local pick-up in MN and WI, and I've seen it available for shipping at nearly $1,000 + shipping! :eek:hmy:
It does look like it would lend itself to a swingarm swap. Looks like it would be pretty straight forward to do.

The racks would have to go though......

Doug

SAS289

After reading all this my thought is why wouldn't (probably cost) they do something better with that fork neck and bearing design being that they have beefed up the fork assembly? At least beef it up some with a larger tube, bearings, and a larger bolt.

For a bike that is designed as a trail bike the fork neck on the 200U seems weak to me. It just looks undersized.