New Coleman models

DTOM

What you are feeling on your leg is not exhaust. The muffler actually points back and down, towards the tire.
What you are feeling is actually the air being blown from the flywheel fans across the engine. It will still do this after you add the header.
That confused the crap out of me at first when I added the header.
Thanks for the info. Did you find a way to deflect it?

I picked up a B200R from Tractor Supply a little over a week ago when they had their 85th anniversary sale. I found this forum while looking for information on it.

I'm 55 and this is my first mini bike. I've ridden motorcycles most of my life, but never had a mini. It came poorly The exhaust blows directly on the inside of my calf and gets very hot in shorts. I ordered a Stage 1 kit to reroute the exhaust.
  • Nothing wrong with the clutch, but I ordered a torque converter to try.
  • I'm riding trails on my property and the hardtail is a bit much at times. I'm planning to modify the seat to install seat springs to add a bit of cushion.
  • Add a better light for night riding.
  • At some point I'll repaint the frame/fenders desert tan to match our buggy.
My adult daughter has been riding it and is set on getting one for herself now. We've got 16 acres of trails and woods to ride, plus lots of dirt roads. I don't know why I didn't get one earlier.
Give her yours.
Then pick up a new B200RSV.
Thank me later.

Harquebus

The exhaust blows directly on the inside of my calf and gets very hot in shorts. I ordered a Stage 1 kit to reroute the exhaust.
Well, you shouldn't be wearing shorts while riding one of these.:D I feel like a Safety Susan but if you find out the hard way when the bike inevitably bucks you off [say, if the rear wheel loses traction], don't give me that satisfaction and schadenfreude of I told you so.
I scorched the back of my leg something fierce. It took about 3 years for it to fade to where "you can see it if you look closely" condition.

The new exhaust header will help with some of this [heat dissipation] but you're also creating a larger hazard with more surface area. I use and prefer an outside-the-frame header, still very very dicey lol. Mine exits to the left rear and right beside the seat down tube [similar bike].

Don't forget header wrap and/or some metal shielding as a stand-off.

LIVIT

Several people on our FB page "Minibike Newbees" have been posting some great reviews on this mini. One guy even ran a totally stock one in the GPS 180 and it held up and finished with no issues. Looks like Coleman has a winner.

SAS289

Several people on our FB page "Minibike Newbees" have been posting some great reviews on this mini. One guy even ran a totally stock one in the GPS 180 and it held up and finished with no issues. Looks like Coleman has a winner.
I seen that "Nic's minibikes" daughter ran the B200 with a 224 in the junior race without an issue.

MJL

Anyone see what Redbeard did with their RSV? Looks like a good off road runner without opening the engine.

And Studz racing has the 3 hole 60 tooth for the disc brake bikes.

Yeah, get a little longer swing arm on it and it should be pretty good.