New Coleman models

SAS289

Nice looking mini ! When you get a chance, could you please let us know the size of the output shaft (3/4 or 16,mm) and also your overall opiniion.
It's 3/4".

They are using bearings on the fixed sheave hub instead of a bushing. Might be there as a speed limiter. If so it could work well with higher than stock governed RPM. The belt's sitting on the bearing at idle and there's no full belt shift to OD.

Would be surprised if they are using the standard belt length. Might be a longer belt.

LIVIT

It's 3/4".

They are using bearings on the fixed sheave hub instead of a bushing. Might be there as a speed limiter. If so it could work well with higher than stock governed RPM. The belt's sitting on the bearing at idle and there's no full belt shift to OD.

Would be surprised if they are using the standard belt length. Might be a longer belt.
I'm interested for sure, but after what I went thru with the 2 POS Massimo MB200S. Not ready to be a guinea pig again ! I'm curious as to how and why they set up the CVT and have it shafted to other side. Good too know it's 3/4, be no prob probably for me to mount my choice of engines, the Wildcat 223. I was wondering about the belt too !

SAS289

I'm wondering if the kid was at top speed and on the governor? If he was then that gearing should work well with more power and higher RPM.

If you're in it for 4 figures, might as well go for a 'Chinese X-PRO Storm 150cc dirt bike' for the same amount of cash. Unbelievable what they're asking for a "primitive" Coleman mini bike. Just saying.
Dirt bikes are not Mini bikes. Just sayin.
I have a few of those too.
Plus, the new B200 & B200RSV are far from primitive. Very good welds on beefy frame tubes. Functional CVT TC on a 3/4” shaft. 196cc Tao Tao engine is easy to work on and maintain.

Many people spend more than the price of these on just a minibike engine.
If nothing else, the frame is good to stick a hot race engine in.

Finally, Tractor Supply gives a 10% discount to military & veterans, as well as other service people, police & fire.

My RSV was only $899, or $929 out the door!

Last edited:
Dirt bikes are not Mini bikes. Just sayin.
I have a few of those too.
Plus, the new B200R & B200RSV are far from primitive. Very good welds on beefy frame tubes. Functional CVT TC on a 3/4” shaft. 196cc Tao Tao engine is easy to work on and maintain.

Many people spend more than the price of these on just a minibike engine.
If nothing else, the frame is good to stick a hot race engine in.

Finally, Tractor Supply gives a 10% discount to military & veterans, as well as other service people, police & fire.

My RSV was only $899, or $929 out the door!
The Engine is probably a Lifan, that's what Tao Motors has used on Taotao (and Monster/Mega Moto) minibikes in the past. I find it curious that they went with a 196 instead of a 212. The 7.5 HP rated Lifan 212 on the MM-B212 supposedly had the best-flowing clone head available at the time but it seems that no manufacturer is using that 212 now. That engine was a MM exclusive but I would think other brands could use it now.

Tao Motors website: https://taomotor.com/

DaddyJohn

If you're in it for 4 figures, might as well go for a 'Chinese X-PRO Storm 150cc dirt bike' for the same amount of cash. Unbelievable what they're asking for a "primitive" Coleman mini bike. Just saying.
I totally get it. There’s mini bike money, then there’s dirt bike money. Dirt bikes are mo-better and more sophisticated by any measure, so when mini bikes start costing the same, that over-valuation gives you a pause. I highly value my Japanese dirt bikes, and the mini bikes are just for cheap goofing around. So when you can usually build a 196/212cc minibike for a $200-300 all in, you wouldn’t really consider paying $1000 plus tax on a new offering.

Harquebus

The classic mini bike with a 'stationary' industrial motor and belt driven "gearbox" is primitive but seems you took it personally. It wasn't meant as an insult, it's just a bike.

I love the classic minibike for what they are, a low displacement 3-5 H.P. engine, the simplest of boxy frames, a seat cushion and two 4.10/3.50-4"-5"-6" tires. Perfect for goofing around on and you can throw it in a trunk for maximum portability.

Just saying, I miss the 'primitive' pricing to go along with a 'primitive bike', but I'm stuck in 1995 or something.

DTOM

I picked up a B200R from Tractor Supply a little over a week ago when they had their 85th anniversary sale. I found this forum while looking for information on it.

I'm 55 and this is my first mini bike. I've ridden motorcycles most of my life, but never had a mini. It came poorly assembled from TS but after a little work this thing is a blast.

After getting familiar with it I've got some things I want to modify to make it more to my liking.
  • The exhaust blows directly on the inside of my calf and gets very hot in shorts. I ordered a Stage 1 kit to reroute the exhaust.
  • Nothing wrong with the clutch, but I ordered a torque converter to try.
  • I'm riding trails on my property and the hardtail is a bit much at times. I'm planning to modify the seat to install seat springs to add a bit of cushion.
  • Add a better light for night riding.
  • At some point I'll repaint the frame/fenders desert tan to match our buggy.
My adult daughter has been riding it and is set on getting one for herself now. We've got 16 acres of trails and woods to ride, plus lots of dirt roads. I don't know why I didn't get one earlier.

thumbnail.jpeg

What you are feeling on your leg is not exhaust. The muffler actually points back and down, towards the tire.
What you are feeling is actually the air being blown from the flywheel fans across the engine. It will still do this after you add the header.
That confused the crap out of me at first when I added the header.