New guy here. Azusa kit vs old style doodlebug db30 question.

Hi everyone,
I'm completely new to mini bikes, so Im hoping you guys with experience could give me your opinions on something.

Without considering cost, how does a bike built from a Azusa kit compare in terms of quality and durability to a restored old style doodle bug Baja? Assuming they both have the same engine/clutch set up, and assuming they are both functioning as they should. Im talking finished product. Any pros and cons for either? Would a bigger guy be better off with one or the other?

Thanks

Twid

Azusa rear drum brake db30 front and rear disk brakes. Azusa made in the us and I think db30 is a import.

Jdogg - I don't know why I didn't find that thread. I swear I really did search. I must have just glossed over it. That's exactly what I was wanting to know about. Thank you very much.

One more question and I'll stop being a pest:

Are all of the DB30 bikes the same frame? I understand there is an older style and a newer style db30, at least I think I am understanding that correctly. But I also am finding some referred to as "baja" or "dirt bug" and other stuff like that. Is there a difference between those frames or are they all the same? If there is a difference and this is intended only for riding around on hard surfaces, is there any particular model to look for? Thanks again.

If ya want a nice rider a DB will be way cheaper !
I like the look of the DB and if I could find an old one that needs some love, I'd be all over it. But the only ones I've found in my area were "finished" projects and one is asking $750, the other is asking $1000. They are nice bikes but not THAT nice. If I'm going to put that kind of cash into a mini bike, I want to make sure it's the closest to exactly what I want as possible. Ideally, I'd like to find either a db cheap and put money into fixING it up, or just buy a kit.

I was just looking at the bad dog kits. Those are pricy, but they look a bit bigger than both the Azusa and the db. If that's the case, I'm probably going to go with the bad dog kit.

I like the look of the DB and if I could find an old one that needs some love, I'd be all over it. But the only ones I've found in my area were "finished" projects and one is asking $750, the other is asking $1000. They are nice bikes but not THAT nice. If I'm going to put that kind of cash into a mini bike, I want to make sure it's the closest to exactly what I want as possible. Ideally, I'd like to find either a db cheap and put money into fixING it up, or just buy a kit.

I was just looking at the bad dog kits. Those are pricy, but they look a bit bigger than both the Azusa and the db. If that's the case, I'm probably going to go with the bad dog kit.
There's nothing like making a bike your own and adding your own unique personal touches!!!! My newer style DB is one of my best riders.....tracks straight down the road and just feels right all around!!

Check out the El Lobo frame and fork set on minichopperssocal.com. There is a photograph which compares the Azusa to the El Lobo--which is much larger and the price is comparable. I read somewhere that the triple-tree design on the Azusa impedes with steering radius as it runs into the frame too early, but they might have fixed this with a newer design with a different rake set up.