New here saying hi what's everyone working on?

Hey guys just wanted to say hey ive always stopped by to check the site out but finely pulled the trigger and joined guess thats the smart way lol. But im a big Tecumseh fan and rupp fan. anything vintage and there's a few newer school minis i like. But i mainly restore old engines anymore they take up less space. And ive got to many minis and vintage karts as it is. So its fun to bring the old 3 to 5hp flat heads back to life. But anyways look fwd to seeing everyones projects post some pics of your current project and some info on it. Id love to see what everyones got going on.

My current project. It's a custom frame a friend made for me and is going to have a 5hp Briggs flathead in it. The Briggs is going to have no governor, billet rod, billet flywheel and a 22mm Chikuni. I'm not sure what cam I want to put in it yet. May just run the stock one for now and see how it does. Currently working on the seat and getting the rear wheel/rotor to play nice with the caliper it has.

Attachments

I just have many unfinished projects. I few months ago I decided to go thru all 7 of my mini's that have been sitting in a storage building and get them all cleaned and running. The first picture is a bike I built about 4 years ago got it running in the shop on VPc13 then put it away, when I got it the gas was skunk piss and the tank was all rusted. Tried phosphoric acid but the varnish from the gas gave it a film that the acid did not touch. Has to put a can of berrymans in it and soak it for a few days to dissolve all the gas varnish residue, then the acid treatment. I drove it and while it was very fast as it is a drag bike, the TC did not engage till 4500 RPM and on full throttle it held the engine at 7K till it fully upshifted and by then it was way faster than I was comfortable with. Just driving around at about 25 MPH it was at 6500 RPM and just too high for crusing. I also redid my other speedway Drag Bike, replacing the 196cc engine with a 234 tillotson build. Its just about ready to test. Thats the Nexttwo Pics. Also whenever I have the time, I'm playing around with the Flow bench testing heads for flow and velocity. Also rebuilt my kart engine with longer stroke bigger bore and replacing the chikuni with a HL375 Tillotson, its on the test stand ready to start up.

Attachments

Welcome to the site Tekelove78. I joined up a year or so ago. Haven't had time yet to work on my girls but time'll come. This was my mini when I was about 11 or 12. Sold it when I bought the C200 ( which I still own) then found it by chance on Marketplace about 53 years later. I knew it was mine by the bend in the forks and a gouge on the underside of one pipe. Obviously needs work - wrong motor, wrong brakes, wrong tires/rims, forks have been cobbled, etc....but I'll put it right. Then the Honda, it's about 98% original......then the Vespa.....gonna leave it looking gently used but mechanically correct.....the Matchless just needs a little finessing. I'm still looking for my McCullough R1 kart that I sold about 45 years ago.......Enjoy your time here.
229747378_530758791572506_4185637600556206684_n.jpg 229747378_530758791572506_4185637600556206684_n.jpg 230666157_530758771572508_5686992285689167307_n.jpg

Attachments

It's a '49 frame that came with a 350. Fella before me dropped a '51 500 in the cradle. I still have the original 350 / trans/clutch as well as badging/castings to make it either a Matchless or an A.J.S. Thanks for asking.

I just have many unfinished projects. I few months ago I decided to go thru all 7 of my mini's that have been sitting in a storage building and get them all cleaned and running. The first picture is a bike I built about 4 years ago got it running in the shop on VPc13 then put it away, when I got it the gas was skunk piss and the tank was all rusted. Tried phosphoric acid but the varnish from the gas gave it a film that the acid did not touch. Has to put a can of berrymans in it and soak it for a few days to dissolve all the gas varnish residue, then the acid treatment. I drove it and while it was very fast as it is a drag bike, the TC did not engage till 4500 RPM and on full throttle it held the engine at 7K till it fully upshifted and by then it was way faster than I was comfortable with. Just driving around at about 25 MPH it was at 6500 RPM and just too high for crusing. I also redid my other speedway Drag Bike, replacing the 196cc engine with a 234 tillotson build. Its just about ready to test. Thats the Nexttwo Pics. Also whenever I have the time, I'm playing around with the Flow bench testing heads for flow and velocity. Also rebuilt my kart engine with longer stroke bigger bore and replacing the chikuni with a HL375 Tillotson, its on the test stand ready to start up.
Some really nice projects there !

Lizardking

Hey guys just wanted to say hey ive always stopped by to check the site out but finely pulled the trigger and joined guess thats the smart way lol. But im a big Tecumseh fan and rupp fan. anything vintage and there's a few newer school minis i like. But i mainly restore old engines anymore they take up less space. And ive got to many minis and vintage karts as it is. So its fun to bring the old 3 to 5hp flat heads back to life. But anyways look fwd to seeing everyones projects post some pics of your current project and some info on it. Id love to see what everyones got going on.
Sooo why haven't you responded to all these posts?

Welcome to the site Tekelove78. I joined up a year or so ago. Haven't had time yet to work on my girls but time'll come. This was my mini when I was about 11 or 12. Sold it when I bought the C200 ( which I still own) then found it by chance on Marketplace about 53 years later. I knew it was mine by the bend in the forks and a gouge on the underside of one pipe. Obviously needs work - wrong motor, wrong brakes, wrong tires/rims, forks have been cobbled, etc....but I'll put it right. Then the Honda, it's about 98% original......then the Vespa.....gonna leave it looking gently used but mechanically correct.....the Matchless just needs a little finessing. I'm still looking for my McCullough R1 kart that I sold about 45 years ago.......Enjoy your time here.
View attachment 296567 View attachment 296567 View attachment 296568
Wow thats some sweet projects and the fact you found your OG minibike from as a kid. is pretty awesome. I've always loved them honda gas tanks ive had a few chance to buy them bikes as a basket case just didn't know much about them to take one on. So didn't know if i was getting a good deal vs buying something id be sinking allot in to. Some really sweet rides

Lobe Speedways and 6500k at 25mph thats a lil crazy never had an engine set up do that knock on wood looks like your running a 212? Maybe that and the TC has something to do with it. love the blue though. There's allot on that bike that looks great did a hell of of a job!

It has a comet 340 and I used the light aluminum rollers and wound the driven spring to the last adjustment hole which keeps it in the lower range till 7500 RPM and it only starts moving at 4500. It just buzzes way too much to try to cruise around the neighborhood. I need to put heavier rollers in the driver to lower stall in the 3K range. It also has a 84 tooth rear sprocket. I figured it could go a 1/8th mile still accelerating but now I'm not sure.

It has a comet 340 and I used the light aluminum rollers and wound the driven spring to the last adjustment hole which keeps it in the lower range till 7500 RPM and it only starts moving at 4500. It just buzzes way too much to try to cruise around the neighborhood. I need to put heavier rollers in the driver to lower stall in the 3K range. It also has a 84 tooth rear sprocket. I figured it could go a 1/8th mile still accelerating but now I'm not sure.
thats cool id like to ride that to check it out never road a mini that ingage that high i dont think