New here... Street legal Coleman 200

its titled as motorcycle. I can drive it on any road, but obviously im not gonna take it on highway or any road where I cannot maintain speed. But seriously, this is loaded in the back of my work suv and only going to get used 1-2 times a month.
The affidavit just basically says it is road worthy.

If a officer stops you and it isnt road worthy, then your gonna get impounded most likely, very least, a fix it ticket or a unsafe vehicle ticket.

The only reason I even bothered going this route, is because I was stopped and almost had a pocket bike impounded in 2003. Its always easier to fight a winning battle in court than argue with officer on side of road. 2nd is, i have full coverage( $5 month), if for any reason it gets stolen or run over, fire its covered. But to have that you need a title.

This guy is a bitch. Called him out, he's been on here and hasn't provided proof. Guess it will take a couple of days for that badge to arrive in the mail.

I see this thread attracted a troll.

Maybe you shoulda read all the post before running your mouth. No one would ever post anything online, just for security reasons, 2nd a dept policy would prohibit it anyways.
Like your signature says, your not a mod.

I see this thread attracted a troll.

Maybe you shoulda read all the post before running your mouth. No one would ever post anything online, just for security reasons, 2nd a dept policy would prohibit it anyways.
Like your signature says, your not a mod.
It would be very illuminating to scan and post a copy of the MSO you received from Hsun, and the Ohio regulations regarding VINs when one is not supplied by the manufacturer. State laws vary widely on this. (To obtain title) Once you clear that hurdle, you have to deal with the fact that they do not have a decal and MSO statement stating the machine complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Most states have that requirement as well. In fact, aren't those bikes equipped with a decal stating they do not comply with FMVSS, and are for Off Road Use Only?

So what did you do for DOT street legal tires? I need some good street tires for my 8 inch rims. The factory tires don't last long at all on the street.
Doug, look into Shinko SR550, or SR723. DOT "J" rated to 60 MPH. I've used them on a Tote Gote and a Powell. Great tire as far as ride goes.

Thank you sir! Just what I needed>
[MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION]
No problem Doug. I've been happy with them. Completely different riding experience with scooter tires instead of trailer tires, snow blower tires, or tiller tires. I wasn't looking for a golf kart, or mud tire, but a pavement tire.

On the Gote, there was a bit of a stretch, as original was 580, and I used 400. But it looked good on my application. Photos of both bikes are in my albums here.

No problem Doug. I've been happy with them. Completely different riding experience with scooter tires instead of trailer tires, snow blower tires, or tiller tires. I wasn't looking for a golf kart, or mud tire, but a pavement tire.

On the Gote, there was a bit of a stretch, as original was 580, and I used 400. But it looked good on my application. Photos of both bikes are in my albums here.
Those look cool..the pics on sites look like much larger rim..how wide those rims on your rides?

Those look cool..the pics on sites look like much larger rim..how wide those rims on your rides?
I never measured them. I just know what the originally designed tire sizes were. On the Gote, with it's original 5.80 (it was actually a 5.70) the 4.00 was a bit of a stretch. The last time I rode it, I rode double, and didn't have my 30 PSI in it, so left a bit of chain oil on the white wall. :hammer: I cant stress enough how much more comfortable those tires were on both bikes, as compared to the industrial grade stuff I'd been riding on. But they're "pretty" and would not be much use for a bike ridden in the mud for sure. What can I say, it was a "phase" I was going through. :laugh:

I mean being able to bead on a 7" wide rim...
No I don't think you could stretch them out to a 7 inch rim.

Have you tried the "trailer" tires yet? I would think that their 6 ply rating would make them to heavy and rough riding.... And with that much rotating weight I bet they would need to be balanced......You have to realize that they will weigh almost as much as the bike does.....

I have trailers and I run Maxxis Trailer tires on all my trailers. My tire guy complains every time I have a new set mounted because I make him balance them. It is like night and day difference in the feel of the trailer. They wear a lot better and a lot longer too.

Doug