New Member From Omaha

Hi, New Member Here…

I sure am glad I found this site. I have a ’72 Arctic Cat Prowler. I’ve owned it since around 1980 when I was 13. That year was manufactured in Omaha, NE, where I'm from. Thank goodnes my dad kept it in the garage for the last 28+ years. Back then I did all sorts of dumb things, like repainting it, changing the handlebars, and jump it off dirt ramps (cringe!). My dad was planning to throw both bikes out for the trash. Thankfully he asked me first.

Now that I’m middle aged, I figured it would be a great time to restore the Prowler for my 9 year old son. Boy was I surprised at the price of parts, especially the $250+ recoil. Thankfully my bike is complete with the exception of OEM handlebars and a front brake cable. I even have a box of used spare parts, most of a disassembled engine, and a spare fuel tank. I just received a used OEM handlebar in the mail. A little rough but at least it’s original.

I also have my 1974 Honda Trail 70, thanks to my dad and his hording tendencies. :smile: I look forward to restoring that one next. I’m also looking forward to utilizing all of your collective knowledge as I head into this new (and expensive) adventure.

WELCOME.

THAT'S GREAT YOUR RESTORING IT FOR YOUR SON. GIVE HIM SOME WRENCHES AND INCLUDE HIM IN THE RESTO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. :thumbsup:

Hi, New Member Here…

I sure am glad I found this site. I have a ’72 Arctic Cat Prowler. I’ve owned it since around 1980 when I was 13. That year was manufactured in Omaha, NE, where I'm from. Thank goodnes my dad kept it in the garage for the last 28+ years. Back then I did all sorts of dumb things, like repainting it, changing the handlebars, and jump it off dirt ramps (cringe!). My dad was planning to throw both bikes out for the trash. Thankfully he asked me first.

Now that I’m middle aged, I figured it would be a great time to restore the Prowler for my 9 year old son. Boy was I surprised at the price of parts, especially the $250+ recoil. Thankfully my bike is complete with the exception of OEM handlebars and a front brake cable. I even have a box of used spare parts, most of a disassembled engine, and a spare fuel tank. I just received a used OEM handlebar in the mail. A little rough but at least it’s original.

I also have my 1974 Honda Trail 70, thanks to my dad and his hording tendencies. :smile: I look forward to restoring that one next. I’m also looking forward to utilizing all of your collective knowledge as I head into this new (and expensive) adventure.

Welcome Local. Jpr95 is also from omaha. You might know him? He has a bunch of Arctic Cats like yours.

buckeye

Welcometo the fun. Looks like you ahve a great start and even better plan. Nothing better than including your son.
It would be good to start a project thread when the resto begins.

I had one of those when I was a kid too. But my dad brought mine to the dump when I went to college.

I think it looks real cool with the motocross handlebars on it. These Prowlers are awesome!

I have been looking for another ever since I lost mine.

Sorry to hear of your "loss". Sad to think how many are buried in landfills. Thankfully my dad can't throw anything away. He's a born collector, but it will be hell some day when we have to clean out his house.