New Member Intro

Hello all- I am currently rebuilding a Fox Thunderbolt from the 70's. This frame was given to my son in the early 90's by a truck driver that was from the Janesville, WI area. The frame was bare with the swing are and fork off. Surprising the handle bars were with it. The wheels were from a different mini and didn't fit the frame. The frame was forgotten and stored in the attic when another used mini was rebuilt. I have purchased used CRF 50 front and back wheels and made a new swing arm to fit. I have the original swing arm if anyone is needing one!
I am using a Predator 79cc motor for it. I have the original Jackshaft parts that aren't on the bike. Does anyone know or have a pic of the sequence? I can figure this out but wanted to see if anyone has this to save me time.
As soon as I can figure out how to post pics, I will.
Mark

Hello all- I am currently rebuilding a Fox Thunderbolt from the 70's. This frame was given to my son in the early 90's by a truck driver that was from the Janesville, WI area. The frame was bare with the swing are and fork off. Surprising the handle bars were with it. The wheels were from a different mini and didn't fit the frame. The frame was forgotten and stored in the attic when another used mini was rebuilt. I have purchased used CRF 50 front and back wheels and made a new swing arm to fit. I have the original swing arm if anyone is needing one!
I am using a Predator 79cc motor for it. I have the original Jackshaft parts that aren't on the bike. Does anyone know or have a pic of the sequence? I can figure this out but wanted to see if anyone has this to save me time.
As soon as I can figure out how to post pics, I will.
Mark

Does it look like this model or the other style?

It is the other style. I have seen only an example of what this should look like. Like most I have made some modifications. The front fork doesn't have shocks. The seat is getting redone in Red Leather with White piping and pleats. The Wheels weren't in the best of shape so I purchased a used set of Honda CRF50 complete wheels. The swing arm was replaced with one that I fabricated to fit the new wheels and line up the frame for shocks. I'm quite pleased how this turned out. The fork and wheels with be put on this weekend with some much needed time off.I'll post more pictures then. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine does look like this. I would love to see how the jackshaft bearings are set as the. Pieces were in a Baggie and not on the bike. Are your bearings installed with the retainer ring on the outside? Nice bike you have here!