New Project- New to Vintage Mini Bikes

NorCal

I picked up what I believe is a Bonanza 1100 frame and now I'm searching for a rear wheel w/ sprocket.

Any leads on where I can get one without paying through the nose? I picked up a front wheel (5 inch) so I'm looking for a similar size for the rear.

NorCal

IMG_2826.JPG IMG_2827.JPG IMG_2836.JPG

Here it is. I had some left over paint from an old Buick engine I painted and I always liked that color. Like I said, no frills $15 dollar frame I picked up at a garage sale.

Its a start for my daughters new ride . . . (I might steal from time to time)

Last edited:

NorCal

What size wheel? I just ordered a set of 8 inch wheels/ tires but maybe I should have waited?

Last edited:
That bike should have come with 6 inch wheels. The Bonanza MX models did come with 8 inch wheels, and some people have even put 10 inch wheels on bikes similar too your's. Build it however you like! but try and keep in mind the gear ratio with the sprockets, 6 to 1 is considered ideal, but it depends on how you ride/how big you are. I'm sure others will comment.:thumbsup:

I picked up what I believe is a Bonanza 1100 frame and now I'm searching for a rear wheel w/ sprocket.

Any leads on where I can get one without paying through the nose? I picked up a front wheel (5 inch) so I'm looking for a similar size for the rear.
do you have pic of front rim