Newly finished Bobber Baja

I just painted the recoil, so its not blue any more, the rest of the bike was powdercoated flat black. I spent quite a while building it, Too much money also, but it's a head turner and hauls a$$.

I'm considering a comet TAV, over the jackshaft. Any opinions, looking for more tourque off the line, maybe a different gear ratio?
I'm 6'8" and 3 bills plus so...

toomanytoys

TAV are totally the way to go. Better low end, and you hit that .90 "overdrive" on the top end. They are more pricey than a regular clutch, but its worth it IMHO.

Good for a couple mph on the top end.

cj, what are the in/p ratings on those seat springs and where did you get them?
I ordered them from a company called chopper shox,they are not springs but actual fully adjustable shocks.The ones i have are rated at 275 pounds but if you mount them at an angle like the instructions recommend they become somewhat of a progressive rate. I had to do some fabrication to the frame for the lower shock mounts. They work great.

Yeah I've got some that I got off fleabay on my Hardknock, but the springs read 1000 p/in, they don't "give" at all, and I'm ~350#

I called Chopper Shox and asked the guy if I could get some replacement springs, but he said no, full units only. If you know of anywhere I could get just the springs, I'd appreciate it.

I would recommend the TAV also... They are GREAT. Plus they look pretty cool, would help with the look you already have going. They are expensive, but it's only money right.?