Noisy Centrifugal Clutch, Help Please

I have a pretty new Hilliard clutch on my 212cc Predator. The clutch makes a slight pinging sound like the bell housing might be getting tapped by one of the shoes. Like I said the clutch is new but when I took it apart it had some slight blue tint to the middle area. I think I read before tha this is from heat and could mean that the clutch is warped? I was wondering if that could be the problem or could it be something else? I have lubed the brushing and the idle speed is correct. Buy a new one or can I fix it?

CarPlayLB

Hilliard makes a nice clutch. You will get a little bluing just because of the heat these produce. A slight ringing sound is present with all clutches like this. The outer drum acts like a bell!
You never mentioned if it works OK or not. If it ain't broke...don't fix it!

It works perfectly fine. But the ringing is just annoying. I am thinkng about selling it and I don't want it to turn off potential buyers.

If it's slipping or not functioning properly then obviously replace it, but from what I'm learning is that these little clutches can be noisy. My bikes "ring", my buddies' bike rings, as long as it works well it should be fine!

I know that ringing sound well and I don't think I've ever had a standard type centrifugal clutch that didn't do it. If the sound is that annoying, you could always try wrapping a thin strip of Fiberglass insulation around the outer shell and securing it with Duct tape. I think the high density R-15 stuff would be about right. Make sure you remove the paper vapor barrier off it, and use the high temp Siliconized Duct tape.