Non-Cloned DBs

5hp Briggs

it's an old pic and the bike is currently torn apart. it's got a chopped front end, 8" pocket bike wheel, pit bike bars and a kart slick is going on the back. i've also got a billet rod and flywheel that will be going in that engine eventually as well. i might do a small cam too.

Here's my un cloned DB. It has a 3hp Briggs flatty, I just have to get a new gasket for teh manifold against the block and it will run good, otherwise it bogged out and wouldn't roll me around very quick.

i'd paint the shroud. it just looks out of place being that monkey shit orange color.

is that the stock seat? i've never seen one that shiny before.

I really like the Honda GC engine in Neck's pic, above. The GC160 on my pressure washer is always just a hearbeat away from going into a mini, but I need it to wash stuff. They are so unusual w/the belt-drive overhead cam, non-removeable head and diagonal split on the cases. Evokes two of my other favs, the Rotax flat track bike engine and Offenhauser Indy car engine. Didn't some Bugatti engines also have a non-removeable cylinder head? Northern Tool has GC160s for $229, and GC190s for $279.

i'd paint the shroud. it just looks out of place being that monkey shit orange color.

is that the stock seat? i've never seen one that shiny before.
That shroud is just temporary, I am building a kickstart for it, and that one will be painted orange. That is the stock seat, it is shiny because I used duplicolor vinyl paint on it to fix er up. The gas tank aint mounted in the photo because when the pic was taken I had just got the tank 5minutes before. I also have a shorter straight pipe on it.