non tank mounts carbs to fit 5hp briggs?

markus

What carbs do I need to look for for a 5hp briggs if I want to do away with the built on gastank? And are they cheap! Since thos motor does not hav e alighting coild and bike should have one I don't wnat to spen alot on the motor, I'll just search out a tec or something. don't need anythign fancy just want to utilize the gastank. Of course I could mount a spigot and use it to dispence beverage:thumbsup:

A 20mm Chinese clone of a Keihin with a 89 main jet will work great. Check 20mm carb and 20mm carburetor on ebay. One of the sellers lists the specs, including main jet size.You have to make or find an intake. The one I put on the Sears mini I'm starting is a vertical tecumseh intake of some kind. I matched it to my ports, but it was close. I think it came from a 4.75-6.5hp vertical tecumseh. It raises the carb and puts a 90 in it so it points out to the side.

Here's my motor with a Tillotson. Eventually I will have a foam racing filter setup.
Tillotson intakes run $35-$40, and Carbs are cheap on ebay if you are patient.

markus

Thanks guys, I'll keep my eyes open for somthing, "5 Horse" nice usage of the tupperware. I used to use them for radio boxes in my R/C race boats to keep the servo's and transmitter etc.. dry. They worked pretty good:thumbsup: