NOOB ALERT.. Need some help Please !

ok, I bought a brand new clutch from OldMiniBikes warehouse (clutch number 35 12T 3/4 max torque. I put it on my go kart with a 6.5HP greyhound and it started smokin like it was on fire.. I know this is not good and im assuming i was working it to hard... BUT my question is. WHY ? is this the wrong clutch for this ??:confused::confused:
also it was only ran less than 5 mins before i shut it down

Did ya get oil on it when you put it on? It should work fine.
no sir i do not think i did, when i say it was smokin ..I mean it looked like it was on freakin fire !! :eek:hmy: scared the crap out of me, I told my wife to get off and i hit the kill switch..lol and parked it

I had one I gave to my brother just like yours but a 2 seater..it kept smokin the clutch because of the weight to tire size and gear ratio. It would get it glowing hot. Had to switch it to a TAV system and its been fine every since.

Hey Smokinsclutch er I mean mo , how many teeth did the old clutch have on it if it was a 10 tooth you have effectivly changed to a higher ratio by going with a 12 tooth clutch.
You could replace the rear sprocket with a larger one to give it more pulling power at the expense of looseing some top speed.
Rob

Hey Smokinsclutch er I mean mo , how many teeth did the old clutch have on it if it was a 10 tooth you have effectivly changed to a higher ratio by going with a 12 tooth clutch.
You could replace the rear sprocket with a larger one to give it more pulling power at the expense of looseing some top speed.
Rob
well............it didnt have a clutch on it when i bought it :doah:

Rob
I agree 100% it needs a bigger sprocket on the axle. I also like the green spring installed in the clutch when more torque is needed.