Northern NY Fall Minibike Fest and Swap Meet

******** UPDATE 04/05/2017 *********

the fire department has asked me for an estimate on the number of parade
participants. this is a late request as their member meeting is tonight.

please post or pm your parade participation expectations as soon as possible.

thanks,

phil

update - 02-19-17

thanks to global warming we had a warm spell here so i did some looking around. it looks
like we can do a nice dirt 100' drag strip. let me know if this is of interest.

in addition to the drag strip we can do a motocross style track. again please let me know
if this something you would be interested in as i would have bring in resources to make
it all work.

the parade looks like a go. the local fire dept is gung ho and working with the state police
on the logistics, insurance, and, policing issues.

in regards to food. initially i figured on hiring a local licensed kitchen to provide food. if
we all want to cook on volunteer basis i will provide the food if we all want to cook it.
bbq's, grills, etc, can be brought in and i will supply some too. trying to simplify things
and lower costs. i also think that if we get together for meals it will be a better family
experience.

i'm in the big apple tonight at my favorite hotel, the hotel pennsylvania, across the
street from penn station enjoying a corned beef sandwich from katz deli. life is good!

ciao! :thumbsup:

phil

Yes there will be a parade. The Redwood Fire Department will be shutting down traffic for us. we
will be able to drive from the camp site about 6 miles to the main road, then we ride through town
(about a mile long), park, hang out, then ride back. the fire department is eager to do this.

i am meeting with the fire department membership tonight to discuss further details.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
Count my self in, and clutch killer also. May have apache rider with us also. Best part is your only about 1 1/2 hrs away.

****************** UPDATE **********************

i am meeting with the county officials next monday to discuss road usage
for the parade. so far everyone is for the parade.

i will start cleaning up and grooming the trail as soon as the local kubota dealer
stops by to take the snowblower off the tractor and install the bucket. this
needs to be done before the bugs arrive!

september will be here soon enough!

How are things going up there Phil? Have the bugs carried away any unsuspecting tourists yet? They're biting pretty good now in the lower ADK's...

Last edited:
Enjoying summer, but getting excited about this trip, hoping it comes together for me, and knowing September will be here before I know it.

Just checking out the mileage from here to there....828....that's only about 400 miles past Windber....

add a few miles for a possible side trip to Philly, to pick up Karl [MENTION=48751]Not so mini bike[/MENTION].....:shrug:....should be a piece'o'cake.....:laugh:....:thumbsup:

Last edited: