Northwest Farm Gote

This trail bike is on Craigslist in Portland and the owner says a tag on it states that it was made in Redmond, Oregon by a company named Newhouse Manufacturing. So i called the company and spoke to a 20+ year employee who said that they did make these trail bikes about 100 of them and the farmers used them to run around the farm and fields setting sprinklers and such tasks. The price is $200.00 and is said to be running with the 4 hp Honda. At the present time I am mini bike poor for both cash or room. It had a big # 22 or #23 for you GTO or Oldsalt could add it to the Northwest collection. Steve :scooter:

Hey thanks for the heads up and back ground check Steve. :thumbsup:

If it was down the street I would buy it but I'm pretty full up right now too. :doah: Well worth the price with a sellible Honda it .

Looks a little like a Homlite Trail king (made in longview)

Go buy it and MAKE ROOM! :thumbsup:

Newhouse Cayuse

Update on an old dead thread. I bought this Newhouse Motor Cayuse after missing out on it a couple of years ago. It appears it was ridden a couple times and parked. It is sporting a Honda 4 hp that will get yanked. I have a nice little 4hp Clinton that may get transplanted in, American made, and age appropriate.
It began raining as I was unloading it and hasn't stopped since, except while I was at work.

See that has a Deepco driven like my Simplex. Mr. Durham explained that to me as being torque sensitive.
#1 What will drive that properly?
#2 Is that the same as a 330 Sals.?
#3 Don, are you A.D.D? I didn't understand the raining comment?:smile:
#4 I think I've asked all this before?

#3 Don, are you A.D.D? I didn't understand the raining comment?
Randy,
1) The 4hp Clinton is a torquey little dude, I think it will drive it nicely. The bike also has a two speed transmission.
2) It appears to be the exact same drive and driven as my small Tule Trooper.
3) I live in a floating home and work out of a small storage unit, when I go in, something has to go out. I don't want anything to get soaked. I'm not too A.D.D., but extremely dyslexic, I can read print upside down faster than most can right side up. Comes in very handy when I have my head up my asz!
4) I guess I am A.D.D. after all..., now what was your question?.........

I'm not too A.D.D., but extremely dyslexic, I can read print upside down faster than most can right side up. Comes in very handy when I have my head up my asz!
4) I guess I am A.D.D. after all..., now what was your question?.........
Me too. It's getting worse. What driver works with the Deepco. I removed the hedge row behind my house.

I'm not too A.D.D., but extremely dyslexic, I can read print upside down faster than most can right side up. Comes in very handy when I have my head up my asz!
I too can read upside down. It comes from many years of having to read the newspaper from across the table from my mom, she wouldnt give it up until she was done with it :eek:ut: Oh ya nice score Don

Update on an old dead thread. I bought this Newhouse Motor Cayuse after missing out on it a couple of years ago. It appears it was ridden a couple times and parked. It is sporting a Honda 4 hp that will get yanked. I have a nice little 4hp Clinton that may get transplanted in, American made, and age appropriate.
It began raining as I was unloading it and hasn't stopped since, except while I was at work.
That's cool that you ended up with this thing. I passed on it a couple of years ago myself. I did go to NewHouse Mfg. in Redmond a couple of months ago. They didn't have any old literature around, just a large(appx.16x20) framed photo/print on the wall. The guy said he thought they had a few parts for them in the old inventory, but that was about all.

Driver ? Who's back there ?

See that has a Deepco driven like my Simplex. Mr. Durham explained that to me as being torque sensitive.
#3 Don, are you A.D.D? I didn't understand the raining comment?:smile:
Hi Randy : As far as what clutch will match up with a speed sensitive driven unit what maters most is just that of course they are both symmetrical and have matching belt width. The driver doesn't care who's back there taking the load. As long as the face of each unit is about the same amount of area it should work.
Steve :scooter:

i jut came across another one of these if anyone is interested let me know. Its a little heavy and big for me. willing to trade for taco or doodle bug style minibike.