Not Bad

I love those Powells so much. I would love for one of those to be my next build. I say that and I haven't even started my first one yet. Lol.

george3

Why would anyone even question that Powell at $275 you cant go wrong
Was cheap but had its flaws. The good,cheap,good shifter,good locking block,driven, wheels good, brake assembly all there, seat. The bad front right tube re-weld 3/4" wide NOT ME. could of done a finish grind to be un-seen but didnt. rear sprocket missing 6 teeth. Front end good shape but need chromed. Engine missing blower housing, carb tank and muffler. Nothing compatible with the Powells I own. If some one is really serious I might be selling one or two Powells in the future. When I don't really know.

george3

Thats an early one too, glad i have 3 of my own whats up [MENTION=9295]george3[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I prefer the later models, More travel front and rear. Solid engine mount gives me option for ohv mod. High HP is more usable on the last models that have the longer frame. I am working on a Phantom style Powell with challenger driven to increase full rpm with out the tav drag. TC88 driver Challenger driven and Predator engine. fun but challenging project.

george3

Is that your Powell in the ad or you just seen it before since you have info on it?
Not mine any more. It was listed as project for someone, far from a high end model or cond. wise. If Powell was building Minibikes today I think they would be more Like this project that is not quite finished yet. I need to get back on it. I was not looking for show Just dependable go. Built with challenger drive system Not Phantom style the setup should give me peak HP and Peak RPM as well. We will see.

I prefer the later models, More travel front and rear. Solid engine mount gives me option for ohv mod. High HP is more usable on the last models that have the longer frame. I am working on a Phantom style Powell with challenger driven to increase full rpm with out the tav drag. TC88 driver Challenger driven and Predator engine. fun but challenging project.
Where you been ugly?