Not Minibike related, But still damn cool!

Today my pops tells me he has something for me in the back of his truck, so I go outside and see this. He found it at his shop, and i guess he bought it at an auction for $10 or $20 dollars a while ago. Its some sort of industrial battery charger ran by an 8hp briggs. Unfortunately the asshats that rent out my dads shop F'ed up the oil bath and gas tank, and probably had it upside down due to all the oil in the cylinder, but hey, a free 8hp briggs, and some cool little parts, sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

oldsledz

I got 2 generators with 8hp Briggs a few days ago at a yard sale, about the same age as that thing.

Both engines are wore out, I probably will save a few engine parts and scrap the rest.

zeeman

That's a hoss. I have an old Briggs and Stratton from the 40's that was made for the US Army. I guess it was for charging batteries in the field. Mine is pretty primitive compared to yours.

I got 2 generators with 8hp Briggs a few days ago at a yard sale, about the same age as that thing.

Both engines are wore out, I probably will save a few engine parts and scrap the rest.
How much work to get them to at least run some and see if the generators work?.. I have a hell of a nice 9 horse OHV missing generator.. :doah:
Is it an iron block or just and iron sleeve?
Most likely neither in that body style.. Just a good ole cool bore 8 horse.. Pretty sure there was never an iron (block) 8 horse Briggs..

oldsledz

One is missing the head and valves , the other was complete but didn't have enough compression to run, I striped that one down for scrap already.