NR-Racing phase 1 motor

Ratbike

Just got my yellow clone phase 1 motor with billet rod from NR-Racing...they dyno'd the motor and came up with 9.5 @ 5500 rpm...I'll be putting it on a Northern Hyd mini I bought on Craigs list... gott'er cheap and brand new never been used... think I'm gonna go with the clutch brake...I'll post some pic's soon...:scooter:

Ratbike

12 tooth clutch and 60 tooth @ the wheel...gotta brand new slick at the swap meet in Lincoln Nebraska for $5 size is 5.00x6x13 a week ago just for fun....also picked up a 40 tooth this past weekend just in case LOL!!

Ratbike

Orange mini

Worked on it all day today...Here's what I ended up with! Total investment just under $500 and everything is brand new. SHE IS EXTREMELY FAST. Have to clock it yet.

Last edited:

GTLabs

Nice! The kitties are eyeballing your whip, man. Don't trust 'em :shifty:.

What header is that? I was eyeballing a candycane style header but not if it has that kind of curve. That will never clear my seat or left leg.

how high is it from the motor plate to the top of the header? i like the way that header looks but i'm not sure if it would clear my DB seat/frame.

btw, is that the Black Clone Pipe?

Last edited:

Ratbike

Yes, this is the black clone pipe. Using a straight edge from the top of the motor mounting plate back and measuring directly under the header top curve is 15". It was a tight fit so I put a couple of washers on the bolts under the seat...still made a scorch mark though...looking from the back, the top of the header is directly over the O and H on the valve cover(OHV) and curves back out to dump out the side as seen in the pic's. I can take some closer pic's if that will, just let me know.

my header was close to and it stuck out the side of the bike so i cut it and moved it so it would come out the back of the frame and rewelded it as far as beining close to the seat you can put header wrap on the pipe .

Ratbike

I think the DB is a larger mini than I have... this is a very small mini compared to my Bonanza 1300 anyway.... had to put the pegs on the back axel, this helps to keep the front end down under acceleration though.

Last edited:
Yes, this is the black clone pipe. Using a straight edge from the top of the motor mounting plate back and measuring directly under the header top curve is 15". It was a tight fit so I put a couple of washers on the bolts under the seat...still made a scorch mark though...looking from the back, the top of the header is directly over the O and H on the valve cover(OHV) and curves back out to dump out the side as seen in the pic's. I can take some closer pic's if that will, just let me know.

i think one may just barely fit in there. if i wasn't the running the engine plate from cjtmini i think it definitely would.

Last edited:

Ratbike

I can't tell by the pic 4 sure... mine is the Black clone pipe shown on NR-Racing's site under exhaust pipes... Hope that helps... don't want to give you wrong info.