Ogy's Fox Campus Restore

buckeye

If I remember correctly, this is one of three 1962's.

These will be the finest restored Campuses in the country.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, this is one of three 1962's.

These will be the finest restored Campuses in the country.
Wow! If I knew that these pics were going to be posted on the board I would have dressed up and shaved...lol. I'm doing one 1962 with the straight handlebars in the original Hi Fi red color. Sometime in late 62 or early 63 they bent the handlebars and kept the Hi Fi red. I'm also doing one of those. Between late 63 and 65 they changed to various shades of Hi Fi blue. I'm doing five of those. And from 65 to 69 they went with various shades of Seafoam blue. I'm doing three of those. I also have a 1961 with square metal fenders sitting on the shelf which I will work on after I finish these ten. All the components for all ten bikes (with the exception of the plastic cowling and exhaust pipes) are finished and painted and are just waiting for assembly. I took the pattern for the cowling / seat pan to my fiberglass man last week to have a casting made which I will then turn into a vacuform mold. In the meantime I decided to begin assembly of the ten Campuses. I'll keep you posted as things progress.

buckeye

Thanks for chiming in Ogy.
Sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you.:laugh:
I could not keep them to myself.
The mini bike world needed to see this.:thumbsup:

Amazing....!!!!

Simply AMAZING....!!!

Hats off to you!

Missed you at Windber this year..
Jamie, Missed seeing all of you too. On June 6th I went into the Geisinger for my second open heart surgery. They replaced part of my aortic artery with a synthetic one; replaced my aortic valve; replaced my mitral valve; replaced an old bypass; and installed a pacemaker. All in one operation. Extremely high risk operation. Could only find one surgeon willing to attempt it and he told me straight out that he couldn't make any guarantees as to it being successful. Sixty days later and I was back in the workshop and working on my Foxes. So, now that I have all new parts I am definitely planning on being at Windber in 2017. See you there. Ogy

The bikes are awesome.:bowdown: Missed you at Windber this year and I am glad your are feeling much better.:thumbsup: Can't get use to you with out your beard.:laugh:

The pictures speak for themselves as to the impressive work done on the bikes. Glad to hear of the successful operation and restored health to carry on this passion.

Ok, if Ogy shaved my Dad needs to get on the ball lol!! Man these bikes are incredible sir!! I can't wait to see more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to know where Ogy got the convoluted dust boots?
If he makes them in house it be great to see a tutorial on them.
I have a few thoughts on how it is done but have yet to find one good enough to make a mold from.
Reaper

Last edited:
I'd like to know where Ogy got the convoluted dust boots?
If he makes them in house it be great to see a tutorial on them.
I have a few thoughts on how it is done but have yet to find one good enough to make a mold from.
Reaper
Hi Reaper, There is a family of little elves who live in a hollow tree in the woods behind my house and they made them for me. That's just me trying to be funny. Actually; you're on the right track though. First you need to find an original NOS boot. You have a better chance of finding the loch ness monster. Or, you can do like I did and piece together enough pieces of old boots to determine the dimensions of the originals. Then you draw up a set of fabrication prints. The most difficult part is finding a machine shop who doesn't want to charge you $5000.00 to custom machine a three piece compression mold. That's an actual quote I got from one shop. Once you've found a shop who will do it within your price range you find a company who makes rubber moldings and have them make the boots for you. It's an expensive process but I'm 70 years old, not in the best of health, and don't have any kids or grandkids. So I'm spending my savings on my Foxes. Are you restoring a Fox Campus and just need a set of boots? Or are you thinking of reproducing them for sale. You mentioned a mold. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts or ideas regarding the making of a mold. Regards. Ogy

The bikes are awesome.:bowdown: Missed you at Windber this year and I am glad your are feeling much better.:thumbsup: Can't get use to you with out your beard.:laugh:
Thanks Karen, Missed talking to you too. But I'll be there next year. And if things go according to my schedule we'll be talking seats...lots of them. Since I shaved the beard Mrs. Ogy can't keep her hands off of me.....HELP!!!

Another great thread!! Ones like these keep me coming back!! Thanks Buck!!..... and Ogy......above and beyond work as usual!! The Foxes aren't the only ones that are getting a much needed and well deserved overhaul!! Glad to hear that you are on the mend!!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the entertaining and informative reply Orgy.
I am attempting to clean up a couple of the Fox Spokes Wheeled Minis.
I can't really call them restorations due to the fact of the boot issue.
Also I have yet to acquire correct vintage engines.
I currently have a Fox Condor, a Faux Fox TT I got on ebay and a frame and fork with a scrambler gas tank.
My son did a great drawing form a pieced together boot I have.
We did submit it to a local rubber production company.
They want a lot to reproduce them in a rubber exactly the same as my sample.
But I will have to buy 300 units for them to do a first run, I only need 6.
Even if I were fortunate to come up with the initial investment I doubt that I be able to get my money back .
Now for my thought...
I was wonder if I could somehow make plaster inner molds and plasti dip them.
Yes I know it will be difficult to keep the round shape.
Also my sample might not be able to handle being subjected to being plaster casted more then once.
So that is what holds me up as far as my Fox Minis.
Reaper