" ohio George " Mickey bike tribute

I got my mickey bike around a year ago and I always wanted my mickey bike look like the mickey bike that " Ohio George " sold at the RM auction in 09. If you don't know much about " Ohio George" he was a huge part of East coast drag racing from the 50's to the mid 70's. His drag cars were always innovative and some just ahead of their time. George has won many championships in his day and is a great hero for Ohio drag racers and enthusiast. Here are some pictures of his most iconic drag cars and a picture of his Mickey bike.

Last edited:
After finding my Mickey bike I had to make it just like the original bike. I was able to get a re-done seat, the correct motor and a great clutch cover from Jeff Clark. The only thing I needed was the " AUTOLITE " decal on the side of the 3 hp briggs.

Well, I had to take a work trip and I had to swing by Dayton Ohio. While I was doing some research I found out the George's original shop is still open and ran by him and his son. They now specialize in Boss " 429 " Ford motors rebuilds. After finding out that I could swing by his shop and check it out and BS with them it was a must to swing by on my work trip.

So, on my way home I stopped by him shop and it looked like and old 1965 vintage racing shop. There were a ton of trophies everything old racing parts on the shelves and a stock pile of old vintage speed parts. :freakout:

I talked to him and his son for around an hour and they had to kick me out because they had work to do lol. But I didn't leave with out a few things lol. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

After finding my Mickey bike I had to make it just like the original bike. I was able to get a re-done seat, the correct motor and a great clutch cover from Jeff Clark. The only thing I needed was the " AUTOLITE " decal on the side of the 3 hp briggs.

Well, I had to take a work trip and I had to swing by Dayton Ohio. While I was doing some research I found out the George's original shop is still open and ran by him and his son. They now specialize in Boss " 429 " Ford motors rebuilds. After finding out that I could swing by his shop and check it out and BS with them it was a must to swing by on my work trip.

So, on my way home I stopped by him shop and it looked like and old 1965 vintage racing shop. There were a ton of trophies everything old racing parts on the shelves and a stock pile of old vintage speed parts. :freakout:

I talked to him and his son for around an hour and they had to kick me out because they had work to do lol. But I didn't leave with out a few things lol. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Bill
That's just plain mean!! :1orglaugh:

I learned a few things about the mike bikes with I was there. Surprising he has an amazing memory and told me the story about how he got his " Mickey bike".

George and Mickey Thompson were good friends and one day when George was visiting the Mickey's shop he saw the first " Mickey Bike" they produced. Mickey gave George one bike to have and the other to sell. This was in early 1967 by the way. George showed me when he bought both bikes in 1967 on an very old 1980's looking program that had every receipt from when the shop opened. The other thing I found out about the early bike is that he said the motor was originally Gold as you see in the RM Auction pictures and he replaced the rear tire in 1984 lol " he showed me in the very old program thing he has ". With that being said the front general tire is the style used with the early bikes.

Now what you all have been waiting for, the goods. I brought my seat with me to sign it and he did and I brought another Mickey cover to sign also that is hanging on the wall lol. :thumbsup: One of the last things I asked about was the " AUTOLITE " decal. I thought he might has one laying around in an old sticker pile or something, like we all have in the tool box. George's Son walked me out to the front counter and pulled out the bottom drawer and their they were, an huge box of these stickers,I about fell over lol. These decals are impossible to find and I am standing in front of a box of these. Not only are these decals there but is the same box of decals that were used on his " mickey bike". All I need to do is paint my engine shroud Ford blue and add decal. Mickey bike complete.

markus

Lookin' spot on, very cool!!! I found a set of bars that should do well thanks to your measurements you helped with :thumbsup:. Gotta "Mickey" guard, 4 wheels to play with, even a running early 70's 3hp. just need a seat and I should have most of what I need for mine :smile:

Sounds good. Get a taco seat. They are a perfect fit and have the same bolt pattern too lol. Good luck. I am looking for a 97 aggie frame to make a rat rod mickey bike lol.

markus

Sounds good. Get a taco seat. They are a perfect fit and have the same bolt pattern too lol. Good luck. I am looking for a 97 aggie frame to make a rat rod mickey bike lol.
thats good to know, I thought they looked at least similar :thumbsup: did you see the 97 roller on ebay? If he'd ship it I'd bid on it just to get the correct handlebar clamps and sell off the rest :smile: