Ohlsson rice engine

I'm trying to get this engine to work in my Tom Thumb. The shaft is only 1/2 thick for the clutch. Does anybody know how to adapt this :shrug: I found this adapter that looks like it might work :eek:ut: The adapter goes from 1/2 inch to 3/4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

banjo

I would think it work but I'm not crazy about the load being applied further out. That O&R has bearings so that helps. I have never used one myself.

Hey Karen , not sure if that will work or not, does the O&R shaft have a keyway
my little engine was 13 mm with no key , so I made a sleeve from 13mm to 3/4 then I used a clutch that had set screws
I test fitted the clutch and marked where the set screws hit then I drilled thru the sleeve and dimple the crank shaft
I then used long set scews in the clutch hub to hold it all together
If you can , find a clutch that has replaceable springs and use the heaviest ones they sell to get the engine rpms higher before it engages , these little 2stokes dont make much torque down low think of a chainsaw they cut best at full throttle lol
:thumbsup:

Hey Karen , not sure if that will work or not, does the O&R shaft have a keyway
my little engine was 13 mm with no key , so I made a sleeve from 13mm to 3/4 then I used a clutch that had set screws
I test fitted the clutch and marked where the set screws hit then I drilled thru the sleeve and dimple the crank shaft
I then used long set scews in the clutch hub to hold it all together
If you can , find a clutch that has replaceable springs and use the heaviest ones they sell to get the engine rpms higher before it engages , these little 2stokes dont make much torque down low think of a chainsaw they cut best at full throttle lol
:thumbsup:
I was thinkin the same thing :thumbsup: But even if it is keyed you could drill one hole to line up with the key and it would help lock it in place :shrug:

Thanks Rob. I was also looking at some sleeves that are for sale. Maybe I should research that a bit farther. The shaft is not keyed but it has a flat side:eek:ut:

manchester,what gear box are you going with ? :scooter:
The gear box I bought for the engine DOESN'T work:doah: Now I am trying to mount the clutch on the shaft. Not sure its gonna work, but I will be trying it:laugh::laugh: I have seen photos with the clutch mounted directly on the O & R shaft.

This looks better than the adapter that makes the shaft longer.
If you look hard you may find a clutch for a 1/2" shaft. I bought one on ebay a few years ago.

That looks like it should work :thumbsup:
You may have to thin out the key for a custom fit but it is as good as you will get without having a custom one made