OKC native and musical great JJ Cale dead at 74

Musical great JJ Cale, a native Oklahoman and the man responsible for the "Tulsa Sound" has passed away at age 74. He wrote many hits including "Cocaine" and "After Midnight" for Eric Clapton, also "They call me The Breeze" for Skynyrd. He was one of the best blues guitar man I've ever seen in concert, he will be missed..............RIP JJ Cale.

Last edited:
So , What rock do you live under ?? :laugh:

I see no one mentioned Crazy Mama , Always was a good slow tune
Great tune, he had many of his own great songs. I figured the ones I mentioned would be recognized more readily here having been huge hits for the artists. The album "Naturally" contained three such songs. One of my favorite collaborations was between him and Clapton, Road to Escondido is a great album. Too bad more members do not know or appreciate the man and his music, they have missed out. I saw him and Leon Russel jam at a club call Fritzies here in OKC where Leon and Edgar Winter played quite often.

Great tune, he had many of his own great songs. I figured the ones I mentioned would be recognized more readily here having been huge hits for the artists. The album "Naturally" contained three such songs. One of my favorite collaborations was between him and Clapton, Road to Escondido is a great album. Too bad more members do not know or appreciate the man and his music, they have missed out. I saw him and Leon Russel jam at a club call Fritzies here in OKC where Leon and Edgar Winter played quite often.
I've been listening to songs he wrote all of my life, without knowing it was him who wrote them. On his website, there is a video clip of him and Leon Russel, as well as a few others. How fortunate you were able to see him playing live.

I've been listening to songs he wrote all of my life, without knowing it was him who wrote them. On his website, there is a video clip of him and Leon Russel, as well as a few others. How fortunate you were able to see him playing live.
I sure was and Fritzie's hosted many other awesome shows over the years, listening to Edgar Winter playing Frankenstein live on the keyboard there was one of the greatest concert moments of my life and was incredibly loud and intense pumped through those giant speakers. We were very fortunate to have such a venue with a great stage and awesome sound system, the club still exists in some form but it will never be the same place. JJ Cale was a visionary blues man who rubbed shoulders with some of the greatest and most popular artists of our time, he liked keeping a low profile but shared his gift with the world just the same.